Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Something brought you to my mind . . . Wednesday

Welcome Friends. I hope you like the new look. I have been so Blessed since I
started blogging. And I have met some great people that have become friends.
Today I wanted to share a few with you and give you all something special.
I tried to figure out how to make a pretty button but that is beyond this newbie.
(Maybe one of my friends will make one. hint.hint.)

You've Been a Friend

Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own

The song playing is one that I ran across a few years ago. I just love Watermark.
I hope you enjoy the song. (I am leaving the lyrics at the bottom)

In the order of how they came to mind Amy She hosts wordfilled Wednesday each week. And I depend on her for my posts on Wednesday. Amy has been so amazing that she has allowed me to use her wonderful photography and illustrations of God's words in our ministry. Each week we provide groceries to teenagers and thier families. Thank you Amy for being my friend and helping me share God with the disadvantaged.

Then there is Kelli our amazing hostess for Show and Tell Friday. Which btw is one of my favorite days. I suspect Kelli is my longest blogging friend I found her shortly after I started blogging.
She has given me wonderful inspiration. She has the best decorating ideas. I just love stopping in to see her everyday. She is a true inspiration and a sweet friend and encourager.

Rachel just flat makes me smile and encourages me everyday. I love her Simple Things projects/challenges. She is an amazing and entertaining writer. She really helps me remember the job that God has given me to do.

And a few more really sweet friends. These 'sista's are all new friends and the biggest encouragers I have ever met. There is Peggy in Mexico. Nancie in Singapore and home girl Debra in Florida and Carla and Sandra. All these ladies have begun to visit me regularly and leave sweet comments and words of encouragement. Thank you girls.

Have you met wonderful friends and encouragers through blogging?
I would love to hear from you. Please come back next Wednesday and join me. I'll be putting Mr. Linky up late on Tuesday night.
Please join me each Wednesday and celebrate friends. I have lots more to add and so if I didn't mention you today please don't be offended. I only had so much time before running out to the food bank. And I needed to save some for next week! Don't forget to come back by; and while your here. Check out Amy's wonderful illustration each week.
Many Blessings,



p.s. Here are the lyrics
(I got these at Christianonline.com)

Something brought you to my mind today
I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh
And yet I feel like it's okay to cry with you
Something about just being with you
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be...
CHORUS:
'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah
More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah
You had faith, when I had none
You prayed God would bring me a brand new song
When I didn't think I could find the strength to sing
And all the while I'm hoping that I'll
Do the kind of praying for you that you've done for me
And that's the way it ought to be...
You have carried me
You have taken upon a burden that wasn't your own
And may the blessing return to you
A hundredfold, oh yeah...
A hundredfold, oh yeah

12 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

Sherry,

I am humbled. Thank you! That button is too cute. The melody in that song just makes you want to hang out here all day too!

Blessings to you today my friend. Happy Wednesday!

Nancie said...

I love this new look! The header is especially beautiful. I am so glad you have met so many wonderful friends through blogging. I am so thankful to meet you and many others too. It has been a great blessing! Thanks for sharing this lovely song. The button in nice. Thanks for visiting my blog and joining in my Give-away. Looking forward to hear more from you! Take care and may God continue to bless you with every blessing.

Kristi said...

Beautiful new look and I have always loved that song. Blessings to you!

Nancie said...

Sherry, I just realized the link you put on my name is incorrect. My link should be:

http://morethanconquerors2008.blogspot.com/

There is the number 2008 after morethanconquerors.

Thanks!

Carla said...

What a tribute! (I love Watermark)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Hmm I wonder what the surprise will be lol. You are so sweet to do this for everyone. What kind of button are you looking for and what would you want it to say? I could fool around with it.
Blessings to you!
Kim

Denise said...

May you be sweetly blessed.

Kristi said...

Hey girl! Absolutely, please help yourself to my WFW.

Amydeanne said...

I wish I could give you a big hug! you're such an inspiration Sherry!

and your new blog look is gorGeous! I totally love it!!!

Laurie Ann said...

Precious new look - I love it!! I love that song, too.

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I regard as polite post. Especially the appellation attracted me to read the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.