Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More than a friend. . .

Welcome to the first More than a friend Wednesday.
And don't forget also to visit one of my favorite friends Amy for wonderful Wordfilled Wednesday illustrations of God's word.

I hope that you will join us and write today about your friends. Whether they are blogging friends or not. I know that you will agree with me that God has a way of giving us certain friends just when we need them.

Sometimes they are for a season. Sometimes they are for a lifetime.
I have had many friends come and go. There are many friends that come to mind when I hear the song I have on my playlist. Many friends that have meant so much to me.

And over the last few months I have met some great ladies through this wonderful venue of blogging.

One of those friends is Peggy. She has been having some trouble for the last few days with her cable and hasn't been able to post and comment. But today she wrote a post about friends and included a cool button. I checked out her source and came up with this.

Myspace Comments
Myspace Comments

Upload Pictures Free


It was my intention to put up Mr. Linky for today and invite you all to link up and write your post about friends. But I couldn't get Mr. Linky to work. I hope though that you will go ahead and write about your special friends. It would mean so much to me if you would.

Do you have a friend that when your together you feel like you've been with God?
Someone that just brings you joy? Someone that listens to your hurts? Someone that just lets you be you? Maybe someone that just shows you God's love.

Please go ahead and take the photo and write a post about your friends and leave me a comment, and of course let your friends know that you have written about them.


Maybe that special friend needs to feel God's love today.

Maybe today you feel alone. Maybe you are thinking that you don't have anyone that you can really call "friend". Sister, I know how you feel because I feel the same way. I really don't have anyone here that I can call friend. Anyone that I can call and say "I really had a bad day." And that does happen. There are days that I am so scared and frustrated that I don't know what to do. And, those are the days that I realize What a friend I have in Jesus those are the days that I can only lean and trust in his grace and compassion. But those are also the days that I spend some time reading blogs and someone says something that just makes me smile. Something that just lifts my spirit and reminds me that God is in control. That even when I feel lost and alone that God is there to comfort me.

Dear one, if you need God's comfort I urge you to reach out to him. He is there he is waiting. He is waiting. He is offering to be More than a friend he is offering to be father . . .he is offering to be daddy. He is waiting with open arms; because he loves you more than you'll ever know.

It is my prayer that you will reach out to him and accept his love. It is my prayer that something I have written today makes you smile.

Thank you dear friends for sharing your life and your heart. Thank you for sharing God's love.

Thanks so much for coming by. Please leave me a comment and please grab the button and share it with your special friend.
Post a Comment