Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday More Than a Friend con't


Today I begin my post Thankful that I am getting this post up!

I don't have much time as the baby arrives soon but I wanted to get my Thankful Thursday post written. Please visit Iris

I am so Thankful this morning that I am so busy. I know you sitting thinking 'What is she crazy?'
A few months ago I was thankful from the break from ministry that I could get my house and my life in order but I missed so much working daily with our girls.
Well my schedule has changed drastically and new programs are beginning and I am in the planning stages for January programs and life is in the "fast lane" again.
And the best part it is al Glorifying God.
And so I guess the biggest thing I am Thankful for is that I get to work in ministry.
. . .I just got a 3 month mentoring project called A Holiday to Remember started. God provided 15 of the 16 mentors that we needed to get this project going. We are still praying for one really special lady to place with the last girl. Doesn't that sound so sad. I know it really does. This young lady is has special needs. Not in a physical or handicapped way. But in a spiritual and emotional way. Her name is
Amy and she has been through some really bad situations.
. . .We have a job skills training class starting the 2nd Thursday in November and I am in the midst of pulling it together.
. . .The first weekend of November I go to Houston to recruit volunteer mentors. And I get to see one of our girls that lives there now. Her name is McKenzie and she is off parole and working and doing great! She is a success story and I thank God for her and her wonderful mentor Judy.
. . . And last but not least I am thankful that 3 people posted on my More Than a Friend meme. This week I am extending it all week just to get the word out and get it started. Please read my last post from yesterday it explains the details. And go and visit Alicia she wrote a lovely post about her friend and invites everyone to join us.

I hope you are having a wonderfully Blessed Thursday. Many blessings to you. I am off to visit Iris and then play with the baby all day!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Such a precious thankful post, bless you for all you do to help those young ladies sweetie.

Robin said...

Praise God for your faithful persistence and that you have heeded His call on your life. That is just what I have posted about as well this morning. Funny how I had a desire to look at my blog roll, and to come to yours frist. Please pray for me as I desire with my whole being to be used by God in mighty ways for His glory!!! Blessings , Robin

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Thank you for all that you do! I understand being thankful for being busy. I don't know how I would live life anyway. Thank goodness He gives us the grace and the strength to do it. Have a great day!

Michele Williams said...

Mentoring is so important. God bless you dear.

Carla said...

I pray you will find the perfect, sent from God just for Amy match! Words can not express how I admire the work you and your husband do for young lost lambs!!! Thank you for leaving the easy and loving the hard! Blessings to you Sherry!