Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Word Filled Wednesday



I hope you are all having an awesome Wednesday. This beutiful illustration of God's word is from Amy over at the160acreawood.wordpress.com

I have enjoyed being able to use Amy's wonderful illustrations and give myself a break from posting on Wed. I like to post everyday because I hope that someone is blessed by what they read here. I know that there are many blogs that I read including Amy's that really bless me.

My Wednesdays are getting busier and busier. I haven't written alot about the work I do but I think it is time to share with you all what I do when I am not writing,sewing or playing with the dog or all the other animals.

I work with a ministry to teenage kids that have been incarcerated. We have a program with a local halfway house and we also provide a discipleship and mentoring program for girls that are in an independant living program in Houston. And, we just started a program for teens in our area that are on parole. We provide groceries for them through our local food bank. On Wednesday mornings we arrive at the foodbank at 9:00 (it is a 45 min. drive so we have to get up really early) and we pick up food that we bring back and divide up into sacks or boxes for the kids. This is an amazing ministry. Although we only began last week it is such a blessing to us already. And, the most amazing thing is the parole office allows us to put a devotional or tract in each sack. This week we included the Lord's Prayer from The Message Bible. And here is a photo of what the boxes look like.

Here is a sample of what is inside the box.


We have already heard stories from the parole officers about how much these families appreciate this small amount of food. I am Blessed.

Here's my verse of the week . . .
Deuteronomy 6:5-9
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
These commands that I give you today are to be upon your hear.
Impress them on your children.
Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your house and on your gates.
Talk about them when you sit and when you walk down the road

1 comment:

Amydeanne said...

what a great ministry you get to do! I have been to Houston once upon a time!
I love the verse you chose.
I'll email you the link to put with it,so that will be easier for you!
Blessings on your week!