Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Today I wanted to see what elements I could pull together to make the breakfast bar in our apartment look a little more pulled together. So, what do you think?


I used most of the same pieces you've seen before. The blue plates, the red soup crocks which are actually small fondue pots. And the star glasses and flatware. And I moved the lamp that I had on the dining table last week. It really cozy ups this area.
I reused the blue glass candle holders from pier one. And the kind of fancy brown and rusty looking ones too.

I love to incorporate different textures. And I love to use different themes elegant or fancy, primitive or homespun. I love combining different themes. The place mats are some kind of shiny fabric with some embroidery on them and little gold beads on the corners. The napkins add texture and a fallish theme. They are actually just a piece of upholstery fabric.


And for one more texture or theme I left the Cowboy rustic kind of Mexican theme bar stools.

I love that you came by to see my eclectic kind of decorating. I hope you enjoy the visit. Come back soon.  Until Next

Happy Trails . . .
vintage photo card of horse and girl
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I like the different textures too and I do like a bit rustic theme. It makes everyone feel a bit more comfortable.

Blessings, Catherine

Denise said...

I think it looks good.