Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Here It On Sunday/Use It On Monday

The message I hear on Sunday is for young men 15-18 years old. 
They are in our states Juvenile Prison.
My Cowboy is the Volunteer Pastor/Chaplain.
Last week the message focused on the Proverbs 31 Woman.  This week he followed up with Samson and Delilah.  

Today the prayer requests touched my heart . . .
They come as little children.  The prayers are innocent . . .

Unedited . .
"God gives me the strength to continue to be faithful and follow him and become a true Christian."
This from a young man whose family are members of a white supremist group.   I was touched.  When I first met him he talked about planning to 'go to the adult' prison.  It's a right of passage.

I cannot imagine what it might be like to be this poor young man.
 "My lord I will like to pray for my family that's in Mexico and hopeful I get to see them soon."
To be in prison in another country with no opportunity to connect and communicate with family it breaks my heart.
 "My lord I acsept you In my hart.  Show me how to live the way
you want me to live.  Thank you I love you."
When you read these words you realize it is worth the effort.
"Pray that my family is ok and more important is that my girlfriend right now is my one and only that im going to spend the rest of my life with her."
And when you realize that they really listened and understood the message.  Your heart is filled . . .
"I pray the lord prepares the best girl for me and the God prepares me. I pray I do the right things, and I help others. In Jesus Name.
Amen."

Sometimes the message doesn't seem to be one that 'applies'.  You might wonder how to 'use it on Monday.'  But for me I think the message today was just a reminder and affirmation that we are where God wants us to be. 

May your week be filled with God's blessing.  Have a good week.
                                              

                                                                        Sherry

1 comment: