Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Alphabet Thursday--Letter E

I was actually waiting for Letter E to come around because I knew I would enjoy writing this post almost as much as C.  If you missed that one it was all about Cowboys.  You know me I love My Cowboy. 
But you didn't come here today for Cowboys you came for letter
E...at our house Letter E stands for Elephants . . .
 This one I found on Pinterest. 
 I wanted to show you the over 200 elephants that are in our storage building but I wasn't able to get there. 
But I have a couple of pics from previous posts . . . And yes I said
over 200.  Here are  a few . . .

 I had shared this pic. way back in 2008.  I can't believe I have been blogging that long!
The elephants shown right to left . . .
Back--Pink Elephant is a tea pot
Front--Sitting Blue Elephant is just a figure
Center Left-- another tea pot
Center Right--Large one is a cookie jar
Far Right--standing is a Dumbo the Elephant Christmas ornament
Front Far Right--small Dumbo ornament

Yes these are only a few of the collection.  That began with a stuffed pajama bag my sister sent to my daughter for her birthday.
She still has it on her bed.  She began collecting elephants.
When she was in 2nd grade for show and tell she 20 elephants in a wagon to school and passed out peanuts.  (you could do it then back in the late '80s)

Since I wasn't able to share the whole collection here are a few of the 'Have a Good Day' pics I've used to send my daughter via text messaging




 And because I teach preschool . . .


A vintage flashcard
And next
A preschool Craft
Letter E is for Elephant
Linking with Jenny for Alphabet Thursday.  Click Here to visit/join.

Happy Trails
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. ~Winston Churchill
 
Sherry

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so it is your daughter that collects them, right? :)

Denise said...

My momma loved elephants. Please come by my blog, read ABOUT MY DOCTOR APPOINTMENT, AND PRAY. I LOVE YOU.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Fantastic collection...always fun to have somethinh to collect♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/embossed/

Cristina Pop said...

Those little elefants look so cute!

Birgit said...

I guess my next E will be about elephants, too -- lovely post! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your elephants are so neat! I could have joined in this week! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

Betty said...

200 Elephants??? That's a lot of Elephants, but I bet the search is a lot of fun too. I collect bronzed baby shoes and searching for an unusual pair and a good deal are always fun.

Jenny said...

Your elephants are exceptional!

My sister collects them, too.

I love the vintage style ones the most!

Thanks for sharing the endearing trunk bearers with us this week!

A++