Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Five Minute Friday--Lost and a Pray for a Friend

Every Friday I join Lisa Jo and her flash mob and write for 5 minutes.


                                   
Her prompt today is Lost.
Today I have a friend and maybe you do too that is in need of prayer. . .

I fear that she will be lost in all the pain and frustration she is feeling.  The other day their only car was crushed by a fallen tree during a storm.  Her husband narrowly escaped.  But has a broken ankle.  They are facing some extreme hard times.  A less strong person would be Lost.  But our Denise knows where her strength comes.  She has struggled for the last few years with her health.
At times I am sure she has felt like she was Lost.  Yet she has commented everyday on my blog.  There were days I felt lost.
Because I felt I was writing and no one cared.  It was Denise who always visited.  I know what it feels like to be in the position that Denise and her dear Eddie are in.  They are scared.  Who knows what they face in the days ahead.  Eddie will be unable to work.
If you don't work you don't get paid.  You don't get paid you can't pay rent.  My Cowboy and I have been there.  We felt lost, afraid and alone.  In 2010 we lived for 2 months in a pay the week motel.
All our belongings were in storage.  I could have felt lost. Alone.
But I kept it together and made it into an adventure.  It was like being young and in love again.  It's the smallest place we ever had.
But I know it wasn't my strength that got me through. It was God.
God gave me strength.  God gave Cowboy strength.  I pray right now God gives Denise and Eddie strength.  I pray he lets them know they are not Lost.  He holds them in the palm of his hand.

Will you please pray for our sweet Denise?  Would you please visit and let her know she is not alone? She blogs at
shortybearsplace.blogspot.com.  Here's a link.  Click Here.
Linking with Lisa Jo for Five Minute Friday.  Click Here.



4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

bless your friends. may they get through this trial okay and stronger with each other.

Amber Cadenas said...

I love your heart for your friend here. I am joining you in prayer for her and her husband, that they would be anchored in the midst of the tumult of everything pressing in. So grateful for the hope, which you remind us of. Blessings to you. Joining from FMF.

Kyliegh said...

That is awful! My uncle and aunt had that same thing happen to them this last winter. He barely made it out alive. CRAZY! Life is hard. It seems the more I talk to people and listen to people the more I see that EVERYONE is hurting. Isn't it great that we have a home to look forward to where we will not have to deal with all this mess!! Praise you Jesus!

Melissa said...

Praying for quick healing for Eddie, and for peace, strength, and endurance for both him and Denise.