Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Five Minute Friday--Messenger

Joining Lisa Jo and her flash mob of bloggers.  Writing on a topic for 5 minues. 
Here goes . . .
Start. . . Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ-Romans 10:17
Messenger,I didn't marry a Preacher.  I married a loving Christian man that really didn't know how to show love.  Although he grew up in church and accepted Christ as his savior as a teenager her struggled/s with showing love.  He didn't learn it at home.  His father was saved shortly before his death.  As a couple we've always gone to church.  We tried to absorb the message and become Christ Followers.  But, my husband continued to struggle with how to express himself and show love.  He worked in the corporate world.  He was actually nicknamed 'hatchet man' on one of his jobs because he was so drivin' and expected so much from others.  Other supervisors actually asked him to supervise their staff when they had problems.  He was a hard worker.   He was a hard worker for the Lord too even while he was in the corporate world. We went to Sunday School.  We planned parties for our class.  We went to visitation on Tuesday night. 
He enjoyed working and was so driving that he tended to neglect the family.  That father influence breaking through again. 
A few years ago he was asked to go on a mission trip to Ghana. I didn't think much about it because we had gone on mission trips together to Mexico several times. 
But,  there was something different.  He came back a changed man.  To this day I don't know what exactly changed him.  I know who but not what or how.  I remember when he came back that I knew God was changing our world.  And I actually prayed that he wouldn't send us to Alaska.  He answered my prayer.  He sent us back to Texas.  And my Cowboy the man that can't show love has learned through God how to share His love to teenage boys that are in prison. 
I am married to a Preacher.  He is a Messenger of God's word. 

Linking with Lisa Jo.  Click Here to  visit/join Five Minute Friday.
                                       Happy Trails
                                  
 
                                   Sherry

4 comments:

Unknown said...

God works in mysterious ways. There are some things that we are not meant to know and this is where His glory shines through. In receiving a messenger you have both become messengers.

Unknown said...

God works in mysterious ways. There are some things that we are not meant to know and this is where His glory shines through. In receiving a messenger you have both become messengers.

Gattina said...

Some men are so taken to help others that they forget their own family !
Good for you that he changed, whatever was the cause.

Hannah said...

I imagine a place like Ghana can change a person, life and death are more of a day-to-day struggle there. My son went there on a mission trip as a teenager, was sick for a while after he came back. I don't know if I noticed a big change but he has remained faithful to this day.