Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I Was The Wife of a Deer Hunter part 1

Yes before it was popular my house no my gameroom was filled with dead things . . .
 and mine weren't the Faux ones.  Yes Bambi
graced our walls.  At least one room that Cowboy was allowed to decorate in his style.   And actually he did a fairly decent job.  Now don't get me wrong he didn't have complete free rein.  Actually he was only allowed to hang a few trophies.  I mean hello... I think you'll agree men just don't have it in them to decorate completely alone . . .


I mean seriously look at how they dress. And what is up with that chair? 


And I mean look at the conveniences they are willing to leave behind for a few hours of sheer happiness.  Seriously my Cowboy would get giddy when it was deer season. 

I never really begrudged him the whole experience.  Mainly because when he really got into hunting after we were married it didn't hinder any of my own activities. 

Givin' the Cowboy some credit he didn't hunt (after we were married) until we were in a position financially that we could afford it easily. 

So finances didn't enter into it.  He would leave and spend a few days in the woods and come back happy.  I would spend those few days . . .

. . .shopping and eating out or sewing. 

And he would come home on Sunday night all happy and giddy and stinky.  But the stinky didn't last long.  Let me warn you friends . . . showering isn't part of the hunting experience. 

But when they come home . . .


                                                         Found on Google Images (link didn't work)
You could leave this suggestion.
  
I really didn't realize it at the time.  And it really wasn't until he had to sell his trophies a few months ago that I really, really began to realize the significance in this small little sacrfice that I made.  The sacrifice of allowing  him to go hunting.  Allowing him to decorate the game room.   And cooking his kill. 

Little did I know at the time it spoke Love  him. 

You may be struggling with the idea of your man going off on a hunting trip.  But I promise you even if he doesn't show it he will feel loved. 

So if your man is planning on going off into the woods.  Take a few tips from the Wife of a Deer Hunter . . .

Tip 1. . . Smile and kiss him goodbye
Tip 2. . . Make your own plans.  If there isn't a budget for a lot think of fun things you can do that don't take a lot of cash. 
Tip 3. . . Call and visit your mom.  She'll love it.
Tip 4. . . Paint the bedroom red!

and last but the most important tip . . .
                                    Cook his kill
Linking with . . .
Jess-The Art of Homemaking, Katherine--Make It Monday, Nan--Make My Home Sing,
Much Ado Monday, Inspiration Monday, Kathy--Titus Tuesday , Inspire Me Tuesday ,
Be Inspired Tuesday,


 





6 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed this, lol

Anonymous said...

rofl Hey Sheri lol dh stayed home, Just son ,and I Yes Me myself,and I hunted, and yep full camo gal here and yep babi head on wall ,racks on wall :) I looooooove me camo ;)

Blessings Renee

Dawn said...

My hubby and sons are hunters too. They don't have to leave to go to deer camp as we have the property to hunt on right in our own back yard. Which means a daily shower. LOL I cringed the first time they wanted to hang a mount on the wall. I had to suck it up and just suggest where it would look best, and live with it. I hate to complain since they are putting meat on the table. Love your post today:)

Michelle said...

My husband choice of relaxation is to play his guitars. I accused him of spending more time with his guitars than with me. He said `at least I'm not a hunter and gone all the time`. I guess he's right..
Oh, but I love the game they catch.

Jackie See said...

What an entertaining post! Our son in law is the same way, he comes home so happy and refreshed. We have gotten used to the dead trophies on the walls! He even washes his hunting clothes in special "stinky soap"!

JES said...

What a sweet post sharing a way to love your husband! Thank you for linking up with the Art of Home-Making Mondays last week. Please join in again this week and happy Monday to you :)