Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Date Night or Day or Afternoon

Are you planning a Date night?

Marriage can be a lot of work.  There are times that it is just easy to go along with the regular day to day business.  But what if we were to accept a challenge and focus to build a better marriage. 


Maybe it's more about pleasing God.  Maybe when we work at our marriage then the Joy and Blessings we recieve make God Joyful.
(image borrowed from Tracy at My Daily Walk In His Grace) link below

Thinking from that perspective.  Let's plan a Date night!
(all photo's found on google)



Need a few ideas.  Maybe start with a little candle light and
some pasta? 

Or  maybe . . .

                
Candle light speaks romantic to me.  I thought these were just amazing.  Can you imagine floating like this.  I wonder how they got out there though? 
But, even if you don't have any sand or water around you could do this in the back yard.  Just set up the luminares in a heart shape and plunk the patio table in the middle.  Very beautiful. 





Maybe your weather doesn't permit a lovely outdoor dinner.  But how about a sleigh ride.  Now that speaks romantic
date. 


This photo reminded me of a date that I planned for Cowboy.
It was easy and simple and very cheap. . . (Back in the day the word was 'cheap') I mean frugal. 
I didn't even get as fancy as the photo above.  I simple got out a quilt. (always have quilts laying around) And our china which I rarely used.  And set it all up with candles on the living room floor. 
Now this is one you might consider doing in your 20's, 30's or maybe 40's.  Just don't wait till your 50 it doesn't have the same effect! 

                        
So your date doesn't have to be at night.  A lovely afternoon strole around the lake.  Or just at a park.  I thought the duck couple was so darn cute so had to add it!

I hope that you've enjoyed this post and gotten a few good ideas for a Romantic Date. 

Actually I got one of my own.  I am grabbing Cowboy and we
are . . .



Riding of into the sunset. 

Happy Trails

Sherry

My apologies today.  I promised a link and it isn't working.
At least not now.  Hopefully I can get it fixed. 
I hope you'll still write your own Romantic Date post and join me.  Just leave a comment.  LInks below please visit these wonderful places.

Date Night Returns

Linking with Sarah Mae . . .


Click Here

Linking with


Click Here

 Linking with Tracy


Click Here.

Joining Judith

Click Here

6 comments:

Mary Reed said...

Sherry, you're right. Building a strong marriage does take work! I love your ideas for a date night... Especially the candlelight dinner in the middle of the lake...so cool! I think we're probably due for a winter picnic in front of the fire!♥

Thanks for this fun post!
It was nice to hear from you at Mary @ Woman to Woman today!
Blessings to you ~ Mary

Denise said...

Awesome ideas.

Esther Joy said...

I loved your post! My husband and I have been married 43 years, ...and I still need date nights! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry, so cool to see my pic here :) and you have challenged me to make an effort for valentine's. So, my mind is ticking. Thanks for linking up on Winsome Wednesday and looking forward to seeing you there again next week
God bless
Tracy

Denise said...

Wonderful ideas to keep a marriage young and fresh! Lovely ideas for maintaining a joy-filled life together; date nights are so important!

Thanks for visiting; enjoyed visiting here!
Blessings and love!
Denise

Denise said...

BTW-Would love to follow you back, but can not find a place on your sidebar to join.....