Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Sorry to keep you hanging . . .

I was thinking about wanting to fill you in on what has been going on and I thought of a photo to illustrate . I hope you like this one. It cracked me up! I found it here.



O.K. on with the news. Sorry I didn't get to update Friday. Cowboy did get the car fixed took longer getting the part than fixing it.

We still need prayer on the financial situation. He hasn't found a job yet.



We did get moved into the apartment on Saturday. We had help moving. Praise God. We settled in and slept in our own king size bed for the first time in 5 weeks. Praise God!



We are getting used to living in an apartment. One thing that is different is we haven't really had neighbors for 10 years. (we have been on acreage) God cracks me up sometimes. We lived in a motel for 5 weeks to prepare us. But I guess that wasn't enough preparing. Saturday afternoon our neighbor across the sidewalk her name is Martha was having a birthday party for a 6 year old. Can you say hello 'Welcome to the quiet neighborhood'! There were probably 15 kids running and down the stairs for 3 hours till they went to the pool
I did not realize this and I don't really know if it is a cultural thing or not but the party lasted from about 3:30 to about 10:30. They grilled outside twice!



I am hoping to get to really know Martha because I really, really love Mexican food and seeing the feast they were setting up I wished I was invited!


We tried to cook dinner on Saturday and the stove wouldn't work. We couldn't find a breaker and searched and searched. (no maintenance on the weekend. . . hellow what happens if your stove quites? ) Cowboy ended up going to get taco's. There went more money.

Then on Sunday we found the breaker box behind the bedroom door! So I cooked on Sunday night. I was annoyed though when a roach (small but it doesn't matter) crawled from behind the refrigerator right where I was working! They were supposed to spray last Monday! Well they will next Monday for sure!!!!!

Then today we fixed leftovers for lunch actually Cowboy did. When I walked back into the kitchen one of the burners was still on. Only he hadn't used it! It was red hot. My olive oil which was sitting next to the stove was hot! Well the element wouldn't come out! Now we know why the breaker was off! And guess what else. Another roach was on the takeout container. I grabbed the . . . (I think it was lysol) Kitchen and Counter Sanitizer. Thank God it sprayed good! That sucker rolled over and started kicking! I am still Praising God that it worked because I hate bug spray. If that stuff works it is my new best friend. But, they better spray next Monday or I'll be an unhappen apartment dweller.

So we have to stop on the way home (we are at the office) and tell them about the stove so maybe we will get a new one! I am a little annoyed about that. Hopefully it isn't an indication of how they manage things. But we have an inside connection to the owner ship so maybe another role for us is to help the other dwellers by letting the ownership know a few things!



Another Praise about this apartment ministry we found out is that the ownership is a foundation. We knew this but didn't know all they do. They provide housing for people that have special needs. They work with safehaven which is our local Women's Shelter. They provide schoarships for young people. Our supervisor took us to lunch on Sat. all you can eat Chinese (which was good considering Sat. night's episode) anyway we were talking about our kids and thier problems with finding suitable places to live and he said we needed to get together and talk. I cannot believe this door. This is such an answer to prayer. Praise God.

So, todays prayer is that they come and nuke those bugs for good and the rest of the building.
Hopefully I will be able to get to a computer earlier tomorrow. I even had a Happy Homemaker Monday post ready. Well even if it is up Tues. or Weds. or Thurs. I guess it is ok. because we really need to be Happy Homemakers everyday right? Even if we have bugs! Dawng I hate those things.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

So glad to hear you're finally in the apartment. I'll be praying your Cowboy will find a job soon. It's a tough job market out there right now.

I hope they get your bug situation fixed soon! They're so creepy.

I'm so glad nothing tragic happened with the stove! That could have been so much worse.

Take care. Thanks for letting us know how things are going.

Love the picture! Too cute!! :)

Susan DiMickele said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! Glad you are enjoying the book, and boy do I appreciate your prayers. Love your heart and your blog.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, since I totally understand about apartment living. We have lived in these apartments for 10 years. I will be praying for the yucky bugs. I am also sorry about the stove. This post did make me smile, thanks for that. I love you so much.

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Glad to hear about getting moved into your apartment. I know how I miss my king size bed. lol A queen is just not the same.

Praying that your financial situation will change soon.

My son-in-law is Mexican and he is an AMAZING cook! :> ) (I can feel the weight piling on just thinking about it!) lol

I hope that your bug situation is taken care of. I HATE bugs!

Blessings to you and your family~
Laura