Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th and My Soul Sang Today

I hope your 4th of July is filled with God's Blessings and family. I spent the day Praising and Worshipping God and having a great cookout at the boys prison facility. (Come by tomorrow for a special post)
I am praying that your day is Blessed. I didn't get to spend it with family and so today I especially want to pray for anyone that is alone. Holidays are always hard when your alone.

But, your not really alone. I know it may feel like it. Especially if your really missing someone.
There was a time not too long ago that I really missed someone. I had lost my daughter for awhile. Although things have changed and I do see her and talk to her a couple of times a week things are not the same. And I really doubt they ever will be. When I was going through that. I ran to God. I prayed. I cried. I prayed and I cried some more. I remember one night sitting in the dark pulling weeds out of my flower bed and thinking that I was actually watering the plants. I was crying so hard. Tears were streaming down my face. It reminded me of the song I think it is Praise you in the storm where it says God is holding your tears in his hand. When I thought of it I cried harder.
That was 4 years ago. Today as I type this I actually almost laugh. Not because things are normal with me and my daughter. But because God answered my prayer.
He answered my prayer by healing my broken heart. It was during that time that he gave me this verse.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalms 34:18
It didn't happen overnight. There wasn't a miraculous miracle which is what I prayed for. But one day I realized my heart didn't hurt anymore. It was then that I realized that my broken heart was healing and that my spirit wasn't quite as crushed as it was.

So dear one. If your broken hearted. If your lost and lonely because someone you love dearly is no longer a part of your life I urge you turn to God. I urge you to do what I did. Take this verse. Underline it in your Bible. Write it out. Type it out. Put it on your blog. Put it on your fridge. Pray it. Ask God to reveal himself to you. And I ask you to Run to him.

I didn't do a Then Sings My Soul yesterday because I was having difficulty getting on line but today I want to share the song I had planned for yesterday. We used it this morning. I pray it Blessed your Soul.

In case the video doesn't load here's a link. It is called When God Ran by Phillips,Craig and Dean. I hope it works for you and it is only my server.



3 comments:

Denise said...

This blessed my heart, love you.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! I'm so glad God is always there. He doesn't leave us or forsake us. Instead He picks us up and comforts us. What an amazing God we serve!

Thanks for sharing my friend! I hope all is well. I can't wait to hear about Sunday w/the boys!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

This post really touched my heart this morning. Thanks so much for sharing your story and the verse with us. What a great reminder that God can help us through ANYTHING... all we have to do is ask!