Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

The only way to look at it . . .

Beginning this post with a Praise that at least the car broke down 1/2 block from the motel and Cowboy was able to limp back to the parking lot. Yes, we are doing car repair again.

Cowboy was on his way to go to the county jail to visit one of our boys.

Please dear ones I am praying that right now at 2:55 in the afternoon that you are prompted by the Holy Spirit to think about Cowboy. And to stop by here in the next few minutes.
He is right now walking about 8 blocks to the nearest auto parts store for parts. A belt and some kind a pulley totaling about $40.00 more than we have.

I wasn't going to post this. I was just going to pray myself and I emailed a couple of friends but when I went over to Angela's to read her Fearless Friday post she was talking about not bearing able to share your burdens.

Things like having problems with drinking and eating. And it got me to thinking it is the same way when you don't ask for prayer in other areas. By not allowing others to stand in the gap for you; could you actually be keeping God from getting the glory when your prayers are answered and your needs are met?

In my comment on Angela's post I mentioned that the boys in the prison unit sometimes; most times have difficulty sharing the needs. They want to 'man up' and handle it themselves. And we try to tell them that they need to 'let go and let God'. And sometimes that means opening up to the angels he gives us and the prayer warriors.

So angels and prayer warriors please remember us. Please ask God to give Cowboy strength to make the trek to the parts store and then the stamina to get the parts on.
Please ask God to supply the money we need for the next few days for gas for us to be able to get to the prison unit to provide church services. Please ask God to give us the money for gas to make it to church on Saturday night so we can worship and Praise and be refreshed to face another week. And please ask God to give us faith.

Dear heavenly Father thank you for the prayer warriors that stand in the gap for all of us. Give us strength and faith. Please give Joseph strength. Please let him know you are with him and that he has people standing in the gap and praying for him. Please provide all that we need to continue the work you have called us to do. And give Cowboy the strength he needs.
Amen.

6 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Bless your heart. I will pray right now. We all have prayer needs. I'm glad you shared.

Melanie said...

I'm praying for strength and encouragement for you and your family, Sherry.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

While reading i prayed for you and cowboy!

Bernice

Beth said...

Just prayed for you and Cowboy. I know how difficult it is to share your burdens - I used to be that way. But since sharing what is on my heart it has opened up the door to many great friends who are there to encourage and pray for me when I need it.

Bernie said...

Joining my prayers with yours and the others......:-) Hugs

Denise said...

Praying without ceasing for cowboy. I love you dearly.