Thursday, July 1, 2010

Posting on random thoughts . ..

I know you have heard the saying about 'when life gives you lemons make lemonade' or what about the one 'when life gives you scraps make a quilt'?
Come on over because the fridge is full of lemonade. It won't be served all cute and pretty as the darling photo above but it is filled with love and I stirred it with my finger so it is really sweet! I washed my hands first! Because I was digging through fabric scraps to make quilts.
Making a quilt is one of my true pleasures. One that I really haven't been able to do much of in a very long time. But I am determined that soon I will be sitting a machine and joining all those lovely pieces of fabric together. I have spent a lot of time visiting other bloggers that quilt and I have a few ideas in mind. I have learned a lot too. I can't wait to try out some of the new things I have learned.
And, I have decided that I am going to make my goal to really produce and really finish up some amazing creations very fast.
What will I do with all these amazing creations you ask? Well I might sell a few. I'll post the photo's and if anyone really wants them and wants to pay shipping I will make a deal. But my main purpose is just to create and use the wonderful fabric that I have. And well I also intend to give a way alot of them. The other day my friend Melanie wrote about a friend whose house burned down. It broke my heart as I read that. I wished I had a quilt already finished up and waiting for a home.
Today my friend Carrie wrote about being 'in the pit'. Here are the verses she was talking about . . Psalm 40
1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

I had to think a little about her thoughts about these amazing words. She talked about being 'in the pit' and how it is the choices that we make that cause those circumstances. She said it may be a pit of my own design or one designed especially for me by the enemy. I wonder as I 'sit in this pit' I tend to question myself. I know in my heart all of the promises that God has for us. But when circumstances and the lemons of life crash in around you it is hard to understand.

But one thing I do understand is that God will redeem me. He will bring me out of the pit. He will make me a better person. And so today I am singing a new song. I am Praising God for the lemons and I am planning a quilt.



Post a Comment