Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Adventure's of The Thundering Whales--Review

This was a great book. It was delightful. It is a paperback book about the size of a coloring book. The cover is really pretty and bright all the photo's inside are bright and cheerful.

It is a very educational book and includes a vocabulary page at the end of each chapter which I found refreshing. The vocabulary words have an * by them in the story indicating to the reader they can learn more about the word. I liked that the answers were at the end of the chapter instead of at the end of the book.

It is a delightful story about three young dolphins off on a day of fun. But tragedy strikes when one of the dolphins gets caught in a fishing net and ends up being drug to the bottom of the sea. The story is about how his friends recruit all manner of sea creatures to help in a rescue attempt. And he is rescued and there is a happy ending. The are lots of lessons throughout the story. Lessons like the value of friendship. Working together. And a valuable lesson about putting aside your differences and working together to help each other.

I am not really sure exactly what age group this book was written for. But I think it would be great for any age. It would be a great book for mom or dad to read to younger children.

I did go to the authors website and found information for schools also. It would be a great book for a homeschool but I think it is a little pricey. It is available at Amazon for $16.99.

Would I buy this book . . . well I would have to really think about it. I loved it but in today's economy would I spend that much for this type of book. I am not sure that I would have even considered it when my children were young. Since it is a paperback book and has 55 pages I would have to think long and hard about purchasing it.

If you happen to have a rich mother in law that likes to buy things for her grandchildren then tell her about this book! If you have the budget for it I would highly recommend it. I know your kids will enjoy it. And well you'll probably enjoy it too. I did!

I was provided this book for review by the author in cooperation with Book Surge.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I like this, because I love dolphins.