Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Happy Homemaker in Texas

Welcome to am almost weekly Saturday post.  I am sorry I missed last week.  The end of the week was a bit crazy and then all last week I played catch up! 
But today I am Happy to have a day off to plan somethings and share with you!


The weather
has already gotten hot.  We may be having a really hot summer since it's already been in upper 90's and a couple days reaching 100.  I am already looking and planning for Fall!

Right now
I am thinking about cooking some scrambled eggs!

Outside my window
I have a little garden beside the front walk just outside the window in my 'creating room'.  The rose has stopped blooming from the heat I guess but I have Begonia's and Dusty Miller to look at. I also 
have some Canna's planted closer to the house but I can't see them.

On my reading pile
I finally got a chance to sit down with Falling for You by Becky Wade.  My review is posted here
I have a few Cozy's and a romance or two  to read . . . 
      I Think I Love You by Lauren Layne   

The 'To Do' list
Deep clean house
Mop the kitchen daily
Relax (hehe)
Finishing binding quilt and hang

My 'Ta Da' moment
I finished the quilting on my July 4th quilt and the binding 
is almost done.  

In the kitchen 
Making this week 
My Mom's Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup - an easy dinner recipe that can be made in the slow cooker!
Or maybe this 
Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup - This Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup recipe is so simple to make and absolutely scrumptious. A definite family favorite! // addapinch.com
Leaning more toward Hamburger Soup.  I'll loosely follow this 
recipe but cook on the stove.  I don't have a big crock pot.

On the menu
Taking a break on menu planning.  We are trying to clean out the freezer to defrost it.  Not sure what will come out when during the week. We have a few choices
Ribs (2 racks),  Shrimp, Talapia, Ground Beef (4 2# packages), Spinach Tortellini and a few unrecognizable leftover packages

In the garden
Sadness.  The tomatoes have just stopped.  The neighbors say 
it is too hot!  The cucumbers have blooms (alot) my least favorite thing in the garden.  The bell peppers stopped also.  It was really hot the last few days.  My flowers are more shaded they are doing better than the crops!

In the craft basket
My fabric and machine are calling my name.  I plan to quilt my 
pumpkin quilt next and then start creating again.  
Still working on folding fabric and get the room back organized again!

Fabulous Party Features


I  enjoyed this post.  Thought your might like it too. 
4-things-you-can-do-to-make-others-feel-appreciated-womenabiding
Click here
Our Wish For You - A Parent's Wish Nursery Art is a gift filled with a parent’s wish for their child. Perfect for a new baby, young child, or a big kid. #diy #nurserydecor #nurseryideas #birthday | thishappymommy.com
Jessica at A Happy Mommy shared these printables.  Click here

From the camera

Devo/Scripture
He takes us as we are—and makes us more than we ever imagined. —Neill F. Marriott
Linking with 
Happy Homemaker Monday
The Fabulous Party

No comments: