Pages

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Welcome.  
Each week I join Sandra at Family Corner for her party
Happy Homemaker 
Sandra provides the prompts-I add a few of my own

The Weather
 A weather type that starts with A- Awful musings of a 9 year old!
As I  am typing my grandson walked in and saw the prompt...
Our weather alternates between very nice 60's to colder days in the 40's.  I prefer the 60's!

Right Now I  Am
 Hoping the weather predictions are wrong for tomorrow.  
40's are predicted!  I hope not I want to work outside!

On my reading pile
 I have a huge pile as usual.  The one I am itchin' to read is this one His Risk: The Amish of Hart CountyI will be reviewing here on the blog in a couple of weeks.  I am enjoying this series.  I have had the chance to read all the others.  This is a good series if you want to check it out!

In the kitchen
Monday- The Cowboy will Rotisserie a Chicken, Green Peas, 
Baked Potatoes
Tuesday- Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread
Wednesday-Chicken Terriyaki Lettuce Wraps, Chinese Dumplings, Egg Drop Soup
Thursday-The Cowboy will Rotisserie Ribs, Beans, Cole Slaw
Friday- Steak leftover fixin's from Thursday
It seems to be a Cowboy in the kitchen week with all the 
rotisserie meals!

Last Weeks Menu (What Worked What Didn't)
Monday-Deer Camp Casserole, Fried Okra,Crusty Bread ✔
(could not find even frozen okra last week.  Found some fresh at  Sprouts today. Yea!)
Tuesday -Chinese Chicken w/Broccoli, Fried Rice,Crab Sushi 
Wednesday -Shrimp Alfredo, Salad, Bread The Cowboy brought home zucchini and yellow squash.  We ended up frying the Shrimp,Squash and Sweet Potato Fries.  So healthy! Ha
Thursday - Leftover Monday Casserole, Green Beans,Bread
Friday - Pizza  maybe? Kielbasa, Blue Box Mac/Cheese, Green Beans

In the garden
 So excited!  I have marigolds sprouting in the greenhouse!
Broccoli, Swiss Chard and Green Peas are sprouting. 
Onions are in the ground and potatoes in the laundry basket!
I am hoping to plant green onion seeds today.
And Pansy's are sprouting!

Something fun to share
Who has time to battle the crowds? Click through to see 10 perfect at-home date night ideas for busy couples and get started planning! Brought to you via playdatesparties.com #datenightideas #athome #datenight #marriagegoals  Click here to read the post.

A new blog to share
Heart and Home Mug Rug or Mini Quilt
Bev has a lovely and fun blog over at Flamingo toes.  Isn't that just the cutest name?  Click here to visit.

On the to do list
  1.  Still removing pea gravel from garden plot.  Getting everything ready for planting. 
  2. Need to get some white radish seeds they fend off squash bugs!
  3. Star thinking about grandson(s) bday gifts. Boys are hard to buy for!

My Ta Da List
 I finished a junk journal and mailed!  Two more ready to get in the mail.
I sprouted Pansy's!


In the craft basket
No photo's yet but I have pulled out my box of old jeans so that
I can start cutting them for a quilt.  
I am thinking of cutting a few for hearts for the wedding.
#We'rePlanningATexasWedding!

Fabulous Features from the Fabulous Party


My Grandma's old Cosco step stool gets a much needed DIY makeover, before and after using chrome spray paint and red vinyl to recover the seat! 

I had to choose this one today because it brought back so many 
memories for me.  My mother had a similar stool.  I remember sitting on it at the kitchen counter and helping her cook.  
Click here to read Tarah's story and see the finished redo.
If I had a waffle iron.  I would make these!  Patrick over at 
Looney For Food shared this great recipe! Click here to read 
the post!

Devo./ Scripture

Linking with 
Click here

Image result for happy homemaker monday
Click here

No comments: