Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sharing My Space-Saga Of GiGi's Sewing Room



I had these grand plans for my sewing/crafting space when we moved into the house.

I planned a white color  palette with maybe a little pink. 

And then the first time our grandson walked into the room he took over the closet!  He decided it was a perfect space.  I think he liked the doors. 

We tried to convince him that a space in the The Cowboys room 
(aka the man cave) was a better option for him . . . 
 :
Deer skins on the floor.  A canvas tarp as a background/tent.  Complete with a cord to plug in his phone.  Swords and shields.
 :
Our idea was a tent feel.  Complete with . . . 
 :
Canon.  Jack Sparrow left it here after Halloween last year. HeHe


 : o
I managed to get one photo before he started migrating to the living room...
  :
Apparently he wasn't too into cannon's and deer skins.  This is the space he seems to prefer...
 :
He really doesn't care it's a girly table which was actually a vanity.   Painting is on my list of spring projects.
 :
I am so glad I made a tree of lights. Which wasn't an easy task.
The first thing he does when he gets here is go in and turn on the lights. 
 :
He even asks to eat in his little room...
 :
He made a phone holder from large duplo blocks...
 :
The added lights were perfect...
 :
He figured out he could plug his phone into the string of lights.  

I suggested putting a dry erase board up when I take down the Christmas tree lights.  He wasn't too enchanted.  Then I suggested
lighted up barbed wire shapes, or anything! great re-purposed idea!:
Not much of a response.  I gave up.  And got to thinking.  Maybe I'll dig out the ice lights I didn't use at Christmas.    Hmm.....

Back to my white color palette and bling after all. . .  

Stay tuned for the next chapter in the saga of GiGi's sewing room.

No comments: