Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Sweet Smiles Make You Smile

Oh those faces . . . 

. . . they smile at me everyday.  I only have to turn my chair around and take a break from the key board and I see this.
 :
I have a small collection of snowmen.  I was noticing the other days the smiles on their faces.  I guess they are just happy they make me smile . . .Or maybe it's because my sewing/crafting room is so warm and cozy!
 :
My collection started a few years ago actually back in 2000.  Gosh I didn't realize it's been that long.  My daughter graduated that year so that's how I remember we were living in Missouri.
 :
This sweet little guy was the start of my collection.  He has the sweetest smile.  He is a music box.  This snowman was a gift from a friend.  I was teaching classes in my home and did a soft sculpture Snowman class.  That was the beginning of the Snowman collection.
 :
My daddy painted me one.  He was a wood worker.  In their later years my parents traveled to craft shows all over Tennessee.
 :
The little cloth doll in the front my DIL made in 2001.  I was teaching in a shop by then that was for sale.  I had a dream of opening a 'real' quilt shop. (never opened that shop. God had a bigger plan) So my DIL helped by making samples.  The stacking hat box Snowman is one of my favorites.  Actually I bought him sometime in the late '90's from Current.  The little guy 
hanging on the box is an ornament.  Not sure where he came from.
  :
Here's a closer shot.  I ran some jute through the hanger and just stuck the end in the box so he could dangle over the edge. 
He's raising his hands and saying "Weeeeeeee"
 :
The hat box holds mugs from Kirkland's after Christmas last year. 
90% off I think maybe they were $4.00
 :
The tower stand a garage sale find I think is a C.D. holder.  
The four shelves hold some of my favorites.  
Actually I love them all.
Look at those cute faces!
 :
I think this one is meant to be a candle holder.  I've never put a candle in it.  Look at his silly face.  
 :   :

A couple new ones thrifted last week.  Marked $4.00.  I paid .40.
 :
What a cutey with his little snowflake!
 :
Another one made by my DIL.  This one is made from a sock and filled with rice.  

And lastly I have to share my silliness.  Let's see if your smarter than me...
  :
I bought this wire tree with the snowmen last year because I was doing a collection of trees on my kitchen counter in the apartment. 
yes that is a bunny peeking through.  There are always bunny's all over my house. 
Do you know what it is?  I didn't until this year when I was setting up the table of Santa and the kids photo's. 
 :
  If you look close at the top you can see the snapshot of my son kind of floating in the air.   Duh it is a Christmas card holder!  Or in the case snap shots holder!  

So that's my small collection of Snowmen.  I hope you enjoyed the visit.  I am off now to go to my favorite thrift store.  Maybe I'll find a few new friends!




No comments: