Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009


" YOU WERE MADE FOR A MISSION"*

Matthew 28:19 19 "...Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, ..." NIV
Peggy shares with us the purpose of MISSION 4 MONDAY to share YOUR MISSION each week.

This week I want to share with you an event our ministry is planning. We will be hosting a Baby Preschool fair at a local church. Our ministry will provide information and baby items such as diapers,bottles etc. We also will be providing a small food box filled with canned vegtables. I met today with Sr. Pastor Jerry Campbell and Missions Minister Don Malpa of Springdale Baptist Church. It is located in a neighborhood that is now 80% hispanic. There is an elementary school about 3 blocks away. It is the elementary school that I went to. Springdale Baptist is the church that I was raised in. It is where I was baptized and also where I was married. When I got married I moved away from the neighborhood as did the rest of our family. My parents moved to Tennesse which is where they were when my father passed away. We brought him home to Texas and had his funeral service at Springdale.
Over the last couple of years since we began fulltime ministry I have had the opportunity to introduce a few teenagers to Springdale.
And now God is blessing us by allowing us to give back to the community again.
Our prayer is that through the baby fair that people will come to know the Lord.
Here are a couple of photo's from the Springdale website.


This photo isn't great I hope to get more but I wanted to at least have something for this post.

Our Baby Fair is scheduled for Saturday May 30th 10-2:00. Please lift me up in prayer. I have never done anything like this before! It is a huge undertaking. But I know that God will provide the resources we need and he will give me the strength to do what he needs me to.

I am Blessed to be able to give back to my community and share the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Blessings on the Journey

3 comments:

Denise said...

That is a precious mission.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That sounds great my friend! I will definitely be praying!

Peggy said...

WOW! Sherry!!! That is so awesome
...full circle...back to your community church you were raised in. This certainly is a great undertaking, and so worthwhile!
You are branching out and sharing so much with others...and now providing para los bebes de los
hispanos!!! all the little Hispanic babies! May God richly bless & direct your steps! You've got time to organize & seek His wisdom. What
a wonderful idea & mission! Thanks for coming and linking up with Missions 4 Monday! May you be blessed as you bless so many!

Love ya bunches!!! Looking forward to hearing more as the plans come to be!