Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

A Happy Homemaker

One of my favorite places to visit is Sandra she has a lovely little blog and has some great ideas. I have done this before with another blog but I love the ?'s Sandra asks. Join me today and learn about my Happy Home

On my bedside table:
Quilt magazines and Cooking Mags waiting to be cut up


On my TV:
Contemporary Christian Music
The Bachelor (I love it and it is almost to the end. Which is good because I have
to get into the sewing room)


On the menu for tonight:
Something Easy,easy, easy I am thinking oven roasted chicken dish I think I saw at Sandra's.


On my To Do List:
Wash all the bed linens (in the washer now)We both ended up sick all weekend
Open out the windows and get some clean fresh air in
Vacumm the house
Work on quilt for darling daughters birthday the end of March

New Recipe I tried last week:
Sandra's Brown Sugar Chicken amazing and yummmmmmy!


In the craft basket:
Quilt for daughters birthday
And a million UFO's but not touching anything till that quilt is done


Looking forward to:
The warmer temperatures I need to work in vegtable garden


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Making paper planters for seeds


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I agree with Sandra. . .
In memory of our beloved son by Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams. This post had me crying to the point where I was actually sobbing and found it hard to write the comment. Becky and her husband lost their son Jordan on the 4th of February 2009. I don't know how Becky was able to write this post and my heart goes out to her during this awful time.

Favorite photo from last week:
I haven't taken the time to download please forgive me and come back soon for some great photo's!

Lesson learned the past few days:
That no matter how much I try, I can't always protect my children from the hardships and horrible things that surround us on a daily basis. I agree again with Sandra.
Many of you read my post from a few days ago it is so hard being a mom. I don't know what season of my life has been the hardest. My young sisters remember that you will always be a mommy. No matter what even if they are 30 your still thier mommy. I am determined to still be thier mommy. There are times that I need a mommy and mine isn't. I know that might sound strange but I do.
And that I am not supposed to worry that God is in control. I am still learning this one.

On my Prayer List:
My husband
My daughter and her family
Becky and her family at Sweet Cottage Dreams


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Psalms 56:3
When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. (NIV)

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sherry, I can't wait to know more of what you wrote about today. I'll go searching your archives. I lost my mom on May 2 2008 and it's still a gut punch if I think about it too hard. Can't wait to read more.

Sandra said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the brown sugar chicken, it's really yummy isn't it?

Hope you're having a wonderful day Sherry.

Hugs,
Sandra

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great post! I always love these random posts. I love the scripture you shared. What a great reminder!

Take care my friend!

Anonymous said...

This is fun! I love postings like theese! Thanks for sharing!
Carolina

Kari said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your your words of encouragment. I love the scripture you have shared. God is our refuge.

Denise said...

Wonderful post.

Lois Christensen said...

Am just now getting around to visiting your blog!! Love it!! Loved getting a glimpse into your life! Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

blessings to you in your journey!