Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Thin Ice--Book Review

                                                               Image result for irene hannon thin ice

After losing her parents in a car accident and her sister to a house fire, Christy Reed has been mired in grief. Life is finally starting to feel normal again when an envelope arrives in the mail--addressed in her sister's handwriting. And the note inside claims she is still alive.

FBI Special Agent Lance McGregor, a former Delta Force operator, is assigned to reopen the case, but he's coming up with more questions than answers. If Ginny Reed is still alive--who is the woman buried in her grave? Where is Ginny? And is Christy a pawn in a twisted cat-and-mouse game--or the target of a sinister plot? As he digs deeper, one thing becomes clear: whoever is behind the bizarre ruse has a deadly agenda.


I've read a few books by Ms.Hannon and really enjoyed them so I was glad to get the opportunity to read this new book.    

I had to however check out the synopsis from the publicist to make sure I hadn't already read it.  To me the cover was very familiar. I'm not really sure what book I was thinking of but this cover was really very familiar to me. 

This is the story of a young woman who's had tragedy after tragedy shatter her life over the last few years.
And then months later Christy receives a note claiming her sister is alive!
I was drawn into the story.  I begin to hope along with Christy that Ginny is alive and that there would be a happy ending.

The story line does take you through a cat and mouse game and a sinister plot.  It is a fast moving story with many twists and turns.

I love the authors writing style.  The way that she introduces the subject of 'Faith' is not overbearing and pushy.

I have really enjoyed this authors story's in the past and would recommend them to almost any age.
The romance story line is well written with no profanity or sexual scenes.

However I feel that this book took a turn away from the clean and wholesomeness normally associated with the genre.

While developing the character of the villain I felt that the bizarreness of his character was actually creepy and not the norm that I find for the genre.

While this book is part of a series and I look forward to the next installment and the story of brother Finn

I question the authors intentions in  long term writing for the genre.    For that reason I was 'let down'.
You might be interested to read the authors thoughts about the genre click here to visit her website.

This book I would not recommend for younger readers.  I really enjoyed it and adult readers would enjoy it as well.


This book is widely available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book (dot)com and other retailers.

I have shared my review at each of the above retailers.  You can click on the bold for a direct link to purchase and read other reviews.

                            I was provided this book by Baker Publishing for my honest review.













2 comments:

Denise said...

nice review.

Molly the Airedale said...

This sounds like another great book! Thank you for the great review☺