Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Layered-Cookbook Review

                                                         Image result for layered  cookbook teresa huff
Oh my goodness! Turn the oven on! Are you seein' what I'm seein'.  
How about a peek at the authors blog . . . 
Citrus Bundt Cake with cream cheese glaze and toasted coconut.
                                          Source
Click on the source for a direct link with the recipe!
How to make a two-toned ruffle cake.
       This one is on the blog too with a tutorial.  
Here is the very talented author . . . 
Headshot0829-726x940.jpg
Here's what the author says about the book . . .
The book, Layered: Baking, Building, and Styling Spectacular Cakesis all about - you guessed it, CAKES!  Layer cakes, to be exact.  I've packed 288 pages full of my all-time favorite recipes, tips and tricks from my years making cakes, and some crafty tutorials so you can make bakery-style cakes at home!  From the classics like Red Velvet and Boston Cream Pie to more whimsical and adventurous flavors like Strawberry Confetti, Mango Coconut Cream, and Red Wine Blackberry, there is a recipe for every occasion.  I've added some helpful step-by-step photos as well as a stylish, full-page image (or two) for EACH cake.  

I don't know where I've been but this talented young lady has been published in magazines since 2008.  Here's the link to the press page with all the articles. 

And another author said . . . 
“Layered is a book that will have a permanent spot in my kitchen. From the stunning imagery to the decadent recipes, Tessa has created a must-have book for all bakers and cake lovers! She’s an amazing stylist and her recipes are flawless!”





— Courtney Whitmore, author of Frostings & Pizzazzerie.com

There is some bad news though . . . 
The book doesn't come out till April 19th.  
             Oh man, go and turn off the oven for now.  
But the good news is  its available for pre-order at Amazon  
Abrams, Barnes and Noble, Indiebound, Books-A-Million and
Indigo

So I'm thinking the perfect Mothers Day gift.  I know my mother would love this cookbook.  And my daughter even though she rarely cooks or bakes she's like me she dreams of finding the time. 

The fine print....I was offered this book through NetGalley for my honest review.  Unfortunately I was not able to open the document on my phone or my Kindle.

This post is also linked at the following linky parties. (Click on each one for a direct link)
The Art Of Homemaking, Create with Joy, The Simple Woman's Day Book, Happy Homemaker,
Share Your Cup.,The Book Nook at Create with Joy




3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We sure would love to sample every one of those yummy cakes!

Denise said...

yummy, now I am hungry.

Art and Sand said...

Oh, my goodness! Each of those cakes is absolutely gorgeous. I am a great baker and everything tastes good, but my cakes never seem to turn out how I want them to look.

Thanks for sharing at SYC.