Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Titus 2 Women

When I think of the Titus 2 Women I think of Miss June.  She has the sweetest blog.  I love her button.  The other day she wrote an amazing post about Treasures focusing on this amazing verse.

"Lay not up for yourselves treasure upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt and where thieves do not breath through nor steal: for where you treasure is, there will you heart be also."
Matthew 6:19-21

Here post was very thought provoking and I wanted to share it with you.  It is so true that many times we treasure so many things other than our Lord Jesus Christ. 

I find myself doing that.  I know that my Father and my Savior are there but they get pushed to the back burner so to speak.

I am going to be real with you here.  I find it difficult to pray.  Gasp!  (I know you said it I heard you! LOL)  Now I must explain what I mean by that.  
If I pray at night I either fall asleep or my mind is going in a million different directions and I can't keep my thoughts straight.  I get distracted.  So sometimes (expect another Gasp here!)  I go days without speaking to my Father.  Yes it is true.  But I have figured out a way that works for me and I want to share it with you. 

Because that is what we Titus Women and Sisters are supposed to do right?

I write my prayers.  It is amazing.  I can sit down in just a few minutes and write page after page to my Father.   I have done this periodically over the years.  But I realized yesterday as I was thinking about my prayer life that it is the most positive way for me to spend time communicating and worshipping. 

I hope that you are able to find time to pray.  I hope that you are able to spend time just resting in your Father's arms.   I know if your like me it is hard to find a minute or two in your day.

Why not  try my idea. Take a journal along with you to soccer practise.  Or while your waiting for the kids to come out of the school.  I hear there are long lines waiting.   And you know if your like me I always feel like people are looking at me because I look like I am talking to myself. 

So today when I sit down and write another Love Letter to My Father I'll think of you.  I'll think of your treasures and I'll ask the Father to help you find time to be together today. 

Wishing you many Blessings. 

BTW I am giving away the Guideposts Devotional book leave a comment.

1 comment:

Denise said...

You are such a treasure, love you sis.