Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Tender Vow by Sharlene MacLaren-Book Review

I couldn't help but start my marathon of reviews with one I really enjoyed...




I really enjoyed this.  Yes I do have to admit it was somewhat predictable.  But it was a romance and as I have said before that is what we really like about these types of books.
I felt like this one was well written.  The characters are enjoyable. They are all well developed.  The plot is understandable.
I felt a part of the story of the struggles that the characters Jason and Rachel dealt with in the death of 'his' brother and 'her' husband.
This is the first book that I have read by Sharlene MacLaren and, I will definitely love to read more!
This was very easy to read and it was appropriate for the adult or teenage reader. 

A little sneak preview from the Prologue:
Icy breezes whistled through the trees in Fairmount Cemetery, prompting the faithfuls gathered there to pull their collars tighter and button their coat fronts higher, as the tent that had been set up for the occasion did little to protect them from the elements. Just two days ago, northern Michigan had experienced a warm front, unusual for late November, but today’s temperatures made a mockery of it. Twenty-nine-year-old Jason Evans shivered, no longer feeling his fingers or toes, and wondered if the numbness came from the dreadful cold or from his deliberate displacement of emotion. He still couldn’t believe it—it was just two days after Thanksgiving, and his brother, John, two years older than he, was gone. Gone.

Here's the link to the authors website.
It is available at: Amazon and Christian Book (dot) Com.   

Product Information


Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 432
Vendor: Whitaker House Publishers
Publication  Date: 2010
Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 1.38 (inches)
ISBN-13: 9781603740982


Thanks for visiting my Black Friday marathon review.  Go over to Sherry Reads N Writes for the next review.  Here's the link.


2 comments:

SHARLENE said...

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed "Tender Vow". Thanks for posting this review. Always love when I run across a review of one of my books.

Blessings for a most wondrous season of hope and love...

Shar

SHARLENE said...

Hi again!!!! You asked how I ran across your blog. Every so often, I get a Google Alert telling me that something has posted with my name in it. I click and there it is. These are kind of sporadic, but I always check them out.

Love and Hugs...
Shar