Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I am Thankful that this morning I woke up to the sunshine for the first time in days.  At least 10 days to be exact! 
I guess your thinking it has been raining here alot.  Well no that isn't why.  It did rain all day Tuesday and most of yesterday. And we were happy to see the sun about 1:00  But the reason is I have had so many early morning meetings lately.   Personally I don't think morning happens until at least 8:00 but that is only fantasy on my part! 
  • Seriously though I am thankful that the sun was shining and I got to spend a few minutes just basking in it and praying.   A prayer of Thankfulness and a petition for strength and organization and timing today. 
I am hosting a Thanksgiving dinner at our girls halfway house tonight.  So it will be a busy afternoon and evening and I will go to bed with my feet hurting!
  • I am also thankful that I got to hear boys reciting Bible verses last night.  It is amazing to see the amount of verses they are learning. 
I pray that as they are hiding these verses in thier hearts that God's love and his desires and plans for them are being molded and shaped. 

  • And I am thankful for the illustration below.  I used this yesterday for WFW.  I just couldn't help but include it today.

And I am thankful that I stumbled across another blog called Miracles Do Happen.  I love reading about the change that is happening in lives of young men.  Check it out!

And so, do you have a thankful list today!
Thankful Thursday is hosted by Laurie this month.

BTW it is not to late to enter the giveway for the Guideposts Devotional book.  I'll be choosing a name on Sunday!

4 comments:

pam said...

Praying strength for your day!

Mel_Cole said...

Awww, i love that line where your boys are reading the bible too.

My Thankful Thursday post here

Melanie said...

I'm not much of a morning person either!!
Glad you're getting some sunshine!
The weather's been nice here lately, but it is getting colder!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my little corner. I am taking a break from posting the rest of the week but still go around visiting and encouraging others. I hope you have a lovely day. So good to see that I'm not alone with the fb thing. ;) Sometimes I think I'm the only one.

Blessings!