Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thankfulness

I haven't had a chance to join Sonya for Thankful Thursday in the last few weeks so I thought that I would do a special Tuesday edition of Thankfulness....

First of course I am thankful for Jesus. Even when I am down I can trust that he isn't. He is our comforter. He is our redeemer. He is our counselor. And boy do I need a counselor sometimes!
I am thankful for my family and that I get to enjoy my grandson. At least for now the plan is for him to start pre-school in January. I suspect this expectation is part of my little 'bouts of depression.
That and the fact that I am Dr. Pepper deficient. Cold turkey is un just! But I was praying last night and I came to the realization that since I work with kids that have drug and alcohol problems then I need to have a little bit of an idea of what it is like. That sounds flip but it isn't you don't know how much I love my D.P.
I am thankful for heat. It has been so cold. Hello. . . this is Texas! We aren't supposed to be this cold!
But I am thankful that we did get Christmas lights hung and the outside of the house looks festive. And we did it on a day it wasn't cold! Thank you!
I am thankful that God uses me in this ministry and that even though I am going to be crazy busy the next few days that I am serving him and 25 families and I have no idea how many children will be Blessed, Thankful and Joyful this Christmas.
And so after a day of Whining yesterday...if you didn't read that post Don't it is bad...today I am moving on. And I resolve to be thankful.


1 comment:

Denise said...

I am thankful for your heart, love you.