Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Being a light

So glad we got this done yesterday. Got the house done too but can't see it from this photo. It is supposed to be really cold and rainy the rest of the week. I was thinking about hanging the lights and all the Christmas preparations and this is the verse that came to mind.

...let your light shine before men , that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

And during this holiday season I hope that our light shines so that the people we meet or the people that we already know see Jesus in us and get the real reason for the season.

So today and this week I challenge you to be a light.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Wonderful post sweetie.

Carla said...

We are wet and cold here in NETexas too. Love this thought. One I have really being focusing on:) Love to you:)

Amydeanne said...

love the lights! don't have any outside ones on yet.. can't convince MrC that it's worth it on the farm yet LOL. oh well.
hugs & prayers my friend!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how pretty! We never put up any outside lights. We don't have any outdoor plugs. I also think my husband hasn't really wanted to mess with it either. Oh well, I love him anyway ;)

BTW, it's been cold and rainy here too. It's supposed to quit raining, but it's still going to be cool. Take care care my friend and try to stay warm!

Michelle said...

PTL...That's what it's all about.
May they see Jesus in us.

Merry Christmas!