Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Merry . . .

Giving you just a little glimpse of my decorating and a family tradition. . .




Totally not done. But you can see a tiny corner of my table set for a meal with the family.
When our daughter was 8 and our son 10 I stumbled onto some sets of Christmas dishes at Sam's Club. Little did I know what I was getting into. They were Spode Christmas Tree. I had no idea what I was buying. If I did I would have bought the entire stock! They were cheap. They were there two years in a row and I bought two sets for each kid so they each have a serving of 8. We used them every year beginning on December 1st. Each year I bought a different serving piece.
Now my daughter in love uses them and they love them.
Now if your on a budget and trying to be frugal I don't advocate buying the spode. I sort of got myself into a pickle with it. I had no idea how expensive they are.
But, there are adorable dishes everywhere now days.
And, I think this is a great tradition.
I hope you enjoy my little glimpse. Keep coming around because next week I will be sharing the entire tablescape and I'll be showing how I got that tree in the pot.
Happy decorating and

Merry Christmas


4 comments:

Susan B said...

What a wonderful family tradition! Thank you for sharing...looking forward to more. Have a lovely day!

Leaon Mary said...

Great tradition! Beautiful picture too! ~SPODE CHRISTMAS TREE?!~ COOLBEANS!!! We have some goofy little santa plates we use and it's funny how we too look forward to diggin them out every year as they have become our tradition as well.
It's kind of like CHRISTMAS opening the christmas decoations boxes coz you forget what you had and get all excited to see it again lol
Have a wonderful weekend!
Loved visiting you today!!!

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing.

jeanne said...

The Spode Christmas tree dishes are beautiful and a treasure to have forever. I have the glasses to match my Christmas tree dishes that are not Spode, but lovely just the same. Sometimes if you go to a Marshalls or a TJ Max store you can find extra Spode tree dishes reasonable. Odds and ends. They go well with my dishes too. I know they are pricey but I don't think you will ever be sorry you started this tradition. I look forward to seeing your tablescape.

Hugs, Jeanne