Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Making your home a Sanctuary Simply

This weekend I started working on some ideas for my blog and how I wanted it to look, what I wanted it to say, and how it is used. I really want it to be an encouragement to you and especially over the last couple of months except for my whinney day I tried to leave something uplifting and thoughtful for you to consider. And so in between Christmas and New Years I started working on a few changes. I work much better when I am organized and so I am working on organizing my thoughts and posts. I hope you’ll enjoy the new look(s) and come by often. I try to post every day. Sometimes it isn’t early in the morning but by mid day there is something up.
Today I want to share with you my inspiration. I love Rachel Anne at Home Sanctuary. Here are her thoughts about preparing our homes for the new year.
"In between the Christmas hustle and bustle, I've been thinking a lot about Home Sanctuary and the Small Things. The days before a new year begins always bring a sense of anticipation to me. I like to set a few goals and get re-organized and agonize over which new planner to go with. Surely there MUST be one that will cure my forgetfulness and distractedness and whip me into shape? It's probably too much to ask, but I can dream.
But there is one thing I always come back to each year. The thing that never falls off my radar. The thing that brings me back here every day.
I want my home to be a sanctuary - a refuge - for my family.
My reality is that I'm a tired mom, living on a shoestring. I'm haphazard in my organization and quite a few of my ideas are half baked, at best.
But I've got this unshakable belief that a home can be wonderful, even if you don't have it all together. I believe that God takes the little bit that you have, and He can make much of it."

We believe that Sanctuary is possible. This was only part of Rachel Anne’s post this morning. I invite you to go over and visit her and join us this New Year and make your Home a Sanctuary.
Please visit me here daily and you can also stop over at My Home Sanctuary for my daily log where I follow Rachel's simple thing challenges.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya i'm fresh to this, I came upon this forum I find It absolutely useful & its helped me loads. I should be able to give something back and assist other people like it has helped me.

Thanks, See You Later