Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas with toddlers

We are enjoying our grandson so much. Last night we let him decorate the Christmas tree with a little help.



This was just after the afternoon nap I didn't notice I should have combed his hair.

Rachel Anne over at Home Sanctuary got me to thinking about Christmas traditions and decorating. I remember when I was a young and actually not so young mom I was a little festidous about how things needed to look.
Actually that is why the kids had trees in thier own rooms. That was when we moved to our dream house and we had a tree in every room. The trees in the living areas needed to look just right.
Actually I think the whole idea of the children having their own trees is a good idea if it is done for the right reasons.

Mine weren't. And that is just one of those things I wish I could do over. I wish I had been a little more relaxed in some areas.

This is the tree that the toddler decorated.


And by the way remember the ornaments that weren't used on the trees in the family and living room well this is part of them. Somehow or another when I went to get ornaments out the only box I could find was my son's box. Hence cats. There were a few random ornaments mixed in with greenery and candles they made thier way onto the tree too.

And if you look really closely some are clumped together. And some spots are empty but that is what happens when a toddler decorates the tree.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Your grandson is really precious.

Susan B said...

How very precious...the tree is beautiful! What a wonderful memory to share with your grandson.

Amydeanne said...

awww what a cutie! he's grown so much since the last time I saw his picture!!

and of course you can use my WFW!

hugs!

Michelle said...

I love this idea of the child's decorated tree. Cute...


Merry Christmas!