Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Show and Tell Stop in Saturday to visit Daisy and her friends

Updated at 8:00 p.m. Don't forget to stop in tomorrow to visit Daisy and see her
Doggie friends!
I am so happy it is Friday again. I just love Show and Tell. Please enjoy your visit here today and then go over to Kelli's and see her; she has a sweet post this morning. But don't forget to check all the others out too!
Wait don't go yet! You have to see my Show and Tell. Here it is.


It actually isn't Daisy this time she just happens to be in this photo. I am showing the coach. If you look close you can see that one of the cushions is a different color. It is the solid kind of brown. This is the couch that my parents had when I was growing up.(So it is really old LOL) It was given to my daughter for her first apartment and she covered the cushions very craftily. She wrapped the fabric around the front and secured it on the back with big safety pins!

Now the couch sits in my sewing room.(and it is where Daisy sleeps while I sew) I am trying to get the energy and courage up to completely redo it. I started and got overwhelmed. Here's what I found when I started taking the newest fabric off. I had forgotten that the backs were reversible. One side had this flower kind of print and the other was a kind of funny shade of brown. Oh and it shows how she pinned the fabric on! And how she didn't quite have enouch fabric. We are always working on a tight budget! But she did a fabulous job.



My plan is to turn it into shabby chic and put it on my patio. I'll paint the wood white. Since I can't afford to get new cushions and these are really thin now what I am going to do is take the back cushions off and put them on the seat cushions and then wrap batting around both to secure. Then I'll cover with a pretty white fabric. These will become the seat cushions. Then I'll just make big fluffy white square pillows for the backs. I think it will be really cute when I am done.

I may even Tackle it on Tuesday! Thanks for coming by and seeing my Show and Tell.

Daisy didn't have much time to visit friends this week. But please come by tommorrow and see Daisy and her Bloggie Doggie Friends. We might just show you more photos of her new friend Maddie because Randi has been busy taking photo's of her new baby. She is just adorable! Everytime I visit I want to take her home!

Have a fun Friday. Please, please,please leave a comment and come by anytime.

9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...you truly have a job of work on your hands. Literally! I really think the white paint will be ideal.

My Show N Tell is all native american, and mostly jewelry. Won't you stop by. [you'll have to scroll down below my book review for the commenting link tho!] Happy weekend.

Barbara H. said...

That's a neat idea! I need to either replace our sofa or recover it, but the first is expensive and the second intimidates me!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the finished product once it's recovered, and I would like to ask you exactly what you do the re-covering. I have an antique camelback sofa that is from the 40's. When I bought it about 8 years ago, the fabric was in great shape. But over the years, it's faded a bit. I have been thinking about recovering it myself... but am too intimidated by the daunting task. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. have a great weekend.

Susie said...

That looks like a big job, but what you've visualized for the end result will be very nice..
I just took a peek around your site, as this is my first visit and see you're expecting a new grandson. Best wishes with that!

JEWELGIRL said...

Hello Daisy the dog! I have a Daisy too, but she is a sweet Calico cat. I hope you show &
tell us the before and after
pix, when you get done revamping!

Bogart H. Devil said...

Hi Daisy :)

Love,
Bogart

Kelli said...

I think your couch makeover is going to be wonderful and I can't wait to see it!
~Kelli

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Can't wait to see the finished project. I know it will turn out great!!

No baby Zane yet...can't wait to hear the good news!!!

Rue said...

That couch is going to look great when you're done. I actually kind of like the orginal fabric though. Very retro :)

Have a great day,
rue :)