Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Where Bloggers Create

Welcome to the 2015 tour of my creative space . . .Part 1
updated:  Way at the bottom of this post is my a photo of my new hobby Illustrating Scripture. 
This new hobby has caused me to really work on storage and finding space for all my supplies.
As I bring more fabric and treasures from storage my space is constantly changing.  I've made many changes since last year.

I'll begin the tour as I did last your and walk you through. Don't worry you won't get tired.  You step into the doorway and you can see it all.
On your left is . . .
This storage is on the existing closet shelves.  Below are the individual units.
 The plastic drawers hold fabric.  I use one for my white fabric
One has a vintage collection of Aunt Graces fabrics.  Which are reproductions of  from the '40's I think. 
The last drawer which is the bottom is overflowing with strips.  They seemed to be never ending. The more I sew the more there seems to be.  On the very top is a basket filled with Fall themed fabric. 

This shelf is a vintage wire shelf that was in my fathers green house.  It works perfect to store fabric.
The bottom basket is overflowing with horse/cowboy related themed fabric.  Ready for baby quilts.
The next shelf has a basket filled with white tule that I decorate with at Christmas.

 I'm a little happier with what this area looks like now.  I added the basket way up there at the top.
On the closet shelf are finished baby quilts and tops waiting to be quilted.  This collection I am going to
donate to Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas, Texas.  The faux shelf is actually a child's dressing table.  The matching stool is holding another basket filled with fabric.

Next on the tour we'll move around to the other side of the closet.
One of the changes I made is I decided not to box up all my Christmas decorations.  A few are displayed.
I love making mosaics. . .

 I had a really hard time photographing this Santa.  Sorry his face is fuzzy.  He is sitting between another set of drawers that hold fabric.  Two drawers are full of fabric to 'someday' make an Elephant quilt for my daughter.  The other drawer holds black fabric.
 On top is a basket holding some of my Christmas fabric. There is another shorter set of skinny drawers
 in the corner.  The tiny tree was a birthday present from my DIL.   She made all the tiny ornaments.
You can barely see a set of trees that look like they have snow on them.
And my birthday present from The Cowboy.  He came in from work on my birthday last year with this guy.
I giggled.  I laughed till I cried.  I love him.

Also sitting in this area is a black shelf unit that holds fabric and  part of my daughters elephant collection.
This area was hard to photo.  The elephant on the left is a tea post.  I used it to pour water in my iron.  But I
moved him to go on this shelf.  Sorry this shot is blurry.  It was really hard to photo this area.  The elephants in the middle are wood.  They are hand made.  We found them at a resale shop right before Christmas last year.  They are sitting on my collection of red polka dot fabric.  Next to them is a stack of plain 'ole white fabric.

Below the shelf is a unit I really love.   Here it is from last year . . .
It hasn't changed much from last year.  Maybe a little messier.  This was a freebie.  Found beside the dumpster at our last apartment.  
Last year it looked like this on top . . .  
Now it looks like this . . . 
See the little empty spot.  It's just big enough for my tea glass.  LOL.  It's hard to see but next to the elephants is a black desk paper sorter.  I use it to store finished paper projects.  Which is my new obsession.
I'll tell you about that in a minute.  First I have one more photo to show . . . 
This is the door opened holding blocks for a strip quilt.  This is the project that I am attempting to empty that drawer of scraps.  The opened door is perfect to hold the blocks.  
And now I want to share my new hobby.  I'm really excited about this.  I've made some major changes in my space to accommodate the supplies.  
It's very new to me and I'm not really very good.  But I love it. 

I've been very interested in Mixed Media and illustrating scripture.  I am not an artist by any means. 
And I really don't like my writing that is why I used typed words.  But, I am enjoying the project. 
This example isn't finished in the photo.  I did complete it along with about a dozen others that I gave my daughter for Christmas.    

I'll share more illustrated scripture in another post.  

And in Part Two I'll share all my supplies and more photo's of how I store my fabric and supplies.  

I hope you've enjoyed Part One of my Closet tour.  Watch out for Part Two.

Linking with Karen for Where Bloggers Create
Linking with Julies for Cooking and Crafting

18 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

You have definitely made the most of the space you have! I would love to see some of that vintage fabric......
Looking forward to the next part...
Thanks for dropping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Molly the Airedale said...

Every thing is so neat and in order! We love your beautiful Christmas decorations ☺

Anonymous said...

Great space to be creative. I love the rabbit!! Thanks for the tour. Karen.x

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are so organized!! Isn't it a good feeling to have your things sorted and accessible? Thanks for sharing your space!!!

xxoo

and the kiddos send aroos and hugs back to Daisy!! :)

Linda Kay said...

Great job organizing.....I'm trying to do that as I unpack!

Foxhollow Studio said...

So very nice to visit your blog and see your wonderful space. I love your Christmas bunny! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Teresa
www.foxhollowstudio.com

Sandy said...

Thank you for the tour of your creative haven!

Joy Junktion said...

Cute little rabbit from the cowboy, thanks for sharing your space! Happy Creating, Cindy

Amy Johnson said...

Your fabric collection is amazing. I also love your mixed media project. It looks like it's going to be gorgeous when it is done. I love how much you enjoy and love your collectables. That is really neat.

Karen Valentine said...

Thank you so much for linking up and joining the party! I hope you had a wonderful time! We certainly enjoyed out visit!
xo,
Karen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's obvious I'm running late to the party, but I am so glad to be here now. I couldn’t miss this opportunity to see your incredible sewing area and fabric storage. I can tell you love tea and elephants and that makes me smile.

Thanks for sharing this area and I'm off to see part 2, at least I think I am (grin).

Elizabeth Johnson said...

I love your pink baskets and that Christmas bunny! Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Maureen Hayes said...

I loved seeing your room, and especially the bible journaling you have started. I do that as well and really enjoy it. I fell in love with your Christmas bunny!

Art and Sand said...

So much eye candy. I love the glass doored cabinet. I like to see my supplies.

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to keep a couple of Christmas decorations on display throughout the year. You've managed to fit in so much stuff in such a small space, I like your use of the child's desk and stool as additional shelving, very creative. You were lucky to find that glazed cabinet, I wish I could come across such finds!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow your sewing closet looks so nice neat and organized! Thanks so much for sharing this at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Unknown said...

What great ideas you have here! :)

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Wow, how cleverly you have utilized the space you have! The rabbit Santa is too cute!