Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday Sketches

Today I am joining a new linky party to share with you my new passion!
Just before Christmas I got this crazy idea to begin a project for a present for my daughter.

So began a new journey for me.
I began illustrating scripture.  Today I am sharing a few of  my first creations . . .
                      T
While I was creating I took a few pics with my phone.  They aren't really very good.  I loved the flower
in this illustration.  I actually intended to photograph the entire process of each scripture but I was so involved in what I was doing I forgot to photograph.  (I'll have to take photos at her house)

                      T
I enjoyed the process of this one.  I actually don't like my own writing and so I've been really doing a lot of
looking at other peoples drawings and doodles and practising fonts
I really can't wait to share the finished product.  When it was completed it I paint a very thin layer of a
metallic gold water color.  I loved the way it turned out!

And the beginning of  her favorite scripture . . .
T
I have found I really like working with watercolors and pens.  I have been trying to collect different pens.
I really don't like my handwriting so for this special verse I printed the words . . .
                T
It was a labor of Love.  The look on my daughters face when she opened the present was worth all the work!

 Thanks to Alexandra for offering Sunday Sketches.  You've encouraged me to do a few more sketches.

Linking with Sunday Sketches.
Linking with Paint Party Friday
Post a Comment