Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge in Purple

I had a few goals for the year.  One was to get more quilts made.
I am being inspired by many wonderful quilters.
One has a monthly challenge.  This months challenge is the color Purple.
Here's what I am working on . . .


This is a quilt for my daughter.  I am really hoping to finish by Valentines Day. 

This quilt has been a huge challenge for me.  First it almost covers my King Size bed. 

I am quilting it on a standard home machine.  My Bernina decided to get sick so I was using a backup Singer.  Then it got sick. 

The quilt is basically finished with binding but I really want to add a little more quilting to it in the purple areas. 

Another challenge.  I chose this fabric because it is what I had and I needed something between the pieced sections.  It was a bad choice.  No let me change that a really, really bad choice.  There is something about this fabric. It has some sort of a texture...that really isn't the word it is like a film on it. 
Kind of like wax.  It had a waxy feel.  So I washed it and that seemed to help.  It pieced ok.  But then when I started quilting those sections I ran into trouble again!  I really think that is what happened to the machine. 

Really weird.  I have never had something like this happen before. 

This quilt although it has provided many, many challenges for me is a work of love. 

I am calling it Bloom.  My daughter's divorce (hopefully) will be finalizing on the 26th.  It has been a long road for her and our grandson. 

I am so proud and amazed at her spirit and her faith in God.
She has bloomed so much over the last year and a half.

Now that this quilt is finished I was thinking I needed a challenge and an inspiration.  

Not like I don't have a bunch of WIP's going along but something new is always good.  Right.  

So here's my plan at least the fabric choice . . .  


I pulled out a few Purples (the one with the hearts is really purple don't know why it looks blue here.)

Now what pattern should I use.  Any ideas? 

On The Next Quilting Journey . . .
Sherry

Linking with  Scrap Happy for Rainbow Scrap Challenge
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com
Click Here.



5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

that is very odd about the waxy feeling of the fabric. I like the purple. Sorry to hear about your machine. This quilt has been a challenge!

make.share.give said...

I love your Bloom quilt and the sweet inspiration behind it. The band with flowers is so cute. The pieced rows look like they were fun to put together.
We're still snowed in. No church yesterday or school today.
Can't wait to see what you make this week!

Denise said...

Awesome, I love purple.

scraphappy said...

Glad you are getting bloom finished it sounds like it has been a struggle. Great collection of purples -- hope you find a great project to put them into.

Deb A said...

Such pretty purple choices. I wonder what projects they will end up in?