Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to Thankful Thursday hosted by Laurie today she wrote about needing courage. Here's a little of what she said...

Courage in your moment of grief. Courage in your moment of pain. Courage in your moment of sickness. Courage in your moment of stress. Courage in your moment of despair. Courage.



PSALM 3:3 "Lord, You are my shield, my wonderful God who gives me courage."
There are moments in our lives when we have to suck it up, we have to get some backbone, we have grab on to all the strength we can... such courage comes from the Lord!


"Aren't you thankful for the courage of the Lord! His strength and protection will rise us up out of the hand of the enemy and we WILL be overcomers!
What are you thankful for this week?"

This week I am Thankful that it is Thursday which means it is almost Friday which means it is almost the weekend. Which doesn't mean much except that it means it is almost Sunday and which means I get to go to church and seek rest, guidance,peace and courage.

I did need some courage this week to get to today...well maybe not really courage but stamina, long suffering and motivation. It was a really busy week. I guess if your a regular reading you've noticed this is my first post since Sunday.

But I am thankful that it was a Blessed week. I enjoyed keeping my grandbaby two days.
I am thankful for the rain we are having. Just enought to make the grass grow nicely for the horse and donkeys and just enough to keep the flower beds and the veg. garden watered.

I am thankful for the vegtable garden. It is my second favorite thing. My first my sewing room.

I am thankful God gives me courage to wait patiently. Well he trys to give me patience I don't always reach for it.

I am thankful God provides and that he gives me words of encouragement from wonderful new friends. I need that.

Are you thankful this morning?

5 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great list! Your garden sounds wonderful. I am lucky that we've got a few flowers planted. That seems to be about all we can manage right now. Maybe one day...

Take care!
Hope you have a great Thursday!

LAURIE said...

Beautiful post today. I am not sure why the link was not right but I added the correct link for you on mr linky. :) -Happy TT! -Laurie

Denise said...

Wonderful thankful post dear..

Laurie Ann said...

Great post of thankfulness. Happy Thankful Thursday!

The Ramblin' Rat said...

Great things to be thankful for! What a wonderful and encouraging post!