Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Share and Tell Friday

Hello dear friends. I want to invite you to come back by late Friday or over the weekend for my Share and Tell Friday. I'll be sharing a wonderful post and inviting you to meet someone I met this week. But I won't be able to write my post till the afternoon. But I figure that is o.k. because it will give you something to read over the weekend.
On Friday mornings I am at our local food bank with my halfway house girls working.
We sort food and prepare it to be given to people that need it.

I have to tell you that tonight I am really hyped up, encouraged,excited and a bunch of other verbs that I can't think of right now. Today we had our second Reading Group at our halfway house. We started last week with an intro. I read a story from a book called Women of the Bible. The girls really didn't realize it was a faith based reading group. I talked to them about what they would like to read and during the conversation we all agreed that it would be fun to read short stories each week rather than doing a book study. I was prepared with a short story from Women of the Bible. I read the story of David and Bathsheba but I changed the names. When I was about 3/4 through the story one girl said that it sounded like something from the Bible. Boy that was encouraging to me it opened the door for a wonderful discussion. Another girl said it was a cool and interesting story. When I finished I revealed to them that it was a story from the Bible. They were all intriqued. Today we read the story of Rahab. I gave each girl a study sheet from the book that gave more references and explained what it was like to live in a city surrounded by walls like Jericho. I attached to their sheets a piece of red ribbon. I explained to them that when they say it that it could remind them of Rahab's story and that if you have faith in God that he will help you. He will provide for you. He will give you the desires of your heart.

It was an amazing night. God provides encouragement to me each time that I am able to share his love with these girls. I wish dear friends, dear sisters that you could each be a part of these amazing opportunity that God has given me.

Tonight we were able to share with our girls that if you have faith and you trust God and you open your heart and your life to him that he will give you provision and he will use you even when you think your not worthy. I am not worthy but I know that God has a plan for me and I know that if I just keep on keeping on and doing what I feel he is leading me to do today that he will use me if only I let him.

I pray dear ones that you open your heart and allow God to reveal to you the Journey he has planned for you.

4 comments:

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

I enjoyed this post. God is so marvelous.I think a lot of times we don't listen to the small voice and we miss out on so much of the opportunities and blessings for us.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Cascia Talbert said...

Wow you have wonderful gifts! That is so great that you can share them with others. God has truly blessed you. Have a wonderful weekend!

Peggy said...

Blessings Sherry...You're doing a great job! Amazing the blessings you share.

REMINDER!(1st thing this afternoon)
I just wanted to let you know that YOU have been chosen as one of my Loyal Commenters this week over at my blog. Please stop by & see today's post. Thanks for being a great commenter & friend!

"SAY IT FORWARD!" (this may bring you new visitors like Cascia - she was great...she's visited every one
of all the 5 minutes for moms plus the commenters!)

Denise said...

Such an inspiring post dear.