Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Sings My Soul Saturday

Welcome to Then Sings My Soul hosted by Amy
Each week Amy and her friends post songs that Blessed them. This is the song that Blessed me this week. Many of you probably already know this song. I have heard it before but the Blessing to me probably isn't from the same reason everyone else is Blessed by it.

I haven't seen the movie yet. So here it is. My reflection and the lyrics follow.





I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

As I said I haven't seen the movie so these didn'touch me the same way the have everyone else. When I heard it last night I was thinking of the challenges and trials that I face in ministry. These encouraging words reminded me to contunie on and wait on the Lord. To continue to pray, to serve and worship.

I hope you are Blessed today even if your waiting remember that God has a wonderful for you. Even when you can't see him. Or if your like me right now and you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel just open his words and they will become the light for your path.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105

8 comments:

Denise said...

I really like this song.

Peggy said...

Blessings Sherry...that does not want to be blessed by me...in SAY IT FORWARD (Friday post & in your email)but I REALLY LOVE THIS SONG & not at all for the "Fireproof" marriage deal but like you.

So these were good words...keep listening & waiting...and He & I know it's not easy! Yes, we must SERVE while we wait...great post,
my friend with a powerful song!

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Sherry here i come again to your blog for the TSMSS and to ongrat you for the award given to you at Amazing Grace.
We get more and more in common i notice....LOL...
Nearly the same blogname.....,on the same day this award...and today our MWV directed me ( or came to mind) also when i was surging for a song......

Blessings for the weekend
Bernice

Beth in NC said...

I haven't seen the movie yet either, and I love it too.

Bless you! Happy Saturday!
Beth

Anonymous said...

This is an Awesome song. I have been playing his album non stop, it's that good!! I have the lyrics to this song on my refrigerator, they are a constant reminder that God's timming is perfect in every area of my life. God Bless you and I hope you can stop by my blog too.

Anonymous said...

I've seen the movie, but marriage is truly not what I think of when I listen to this song either. I love this song. There are so many times when I am waiting on God, and this speaks to my heart while I wait. Thank you for sharing! Beautiful

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I do love this song. The word are great.

Cathy said...

I haven't seen the movie yet either. I do like the song though.