Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Home Sanctuary Challenge

One more thing....sorry I know usually you put that at the bottom or the end but read on and you'll understand why it is here.
Here's my dummies at blogging hint for the day. Did you know that when you type in black and then change to white text so your post can be read on a dark background that everything turns white and you can't see it from the compose tab? Take my word for it. If you will read down and try to click on My Home Sanctuary it doesn't work because I typed it wrong. Well I can't fix it because I can't see it so
here. I don't know if Rachel Ann's works or not but just in case here is the link. I don't know how far down the rest of the post is because I can't see it but it is there please scroll down you'll enjoy Rachel Ann's challenge




Back to the dummies at blogging category...this post was meant for
My Home Sanctuary. This is the second time I have done this in the last couple of days. I hope my regular Journey readers enjoy this post. And by the way go over and visit Rachel Ann and my other blog too.
I just love
Rachel Ann my inspiration for My Home Sanctuary. She gives us great ideas everyday to brighten up our homes and make them a sanctuary. Some of the ideas are super easy, some are hard last week I had to take apart my stove, some are needed and overlooked tasks. I don't know about you but I need the reminders and the inspiration. Here's todays Small Thing. I copied what she said because she is just hilarious.
Today's Small Thing is ridiculously easy. All you have to do is work on your salt and pepper shakers! Are they empty? Fill them up! Are they gummed up from humidity? Unclog the holes so they work properly. Are they sticky and yucky looking? Give them a nice wiping or perhaps wash them out completely.
You know, it's the little niceties that make life sweet. I like reaching for a sparkling salt shaker and elegantly sprinkling my food with flavor. It makes me feel a bit like Martha Stewart for such fine attention to detail.

POINTS: 30 for one set of salt and pepper shakers
BONUS POINTS: 10 for each additional set of shakers

I'll try to post pictures of all Salt and Pepper shakers tonight so you can see I really did this one and because I thought it would be fun for you to see them.
Have a great day making your home a sanctuary

No comments: