Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

Called By A Can Of Tuna

It's been happening over and over.  Everyday when I open the pantry.  Lurking on the shelfl.  Just sitting there acting all innocent . . . .yet not quite.

Image result for charlie the tuna
 Maybe I should just move it I think to myself. Stick it on the back of the shelf waaaaay behind the Dr. Peppers.  Nope that won't work I empty that shelf regularly. LOL.

Image result for can of tuna
So finally I decide I either have to get rid of it or open it!

 Todays the day.  I am giving in.  I am opening that can of tuna!
Image result for opening  can of tuna
I'll be using the old fashioned way but check this out!  I've been tempted when my can opener broke!
 
So then I begin to wonder what to do with it.  (Actually I already know but that would ruin it for you.
insert snicker)
Well I could boil a few eggs I saw this cool way of baking eggs I could try make a nice salad.
The Cowboy would like it as a sandwich with his bread toasted.  I am just plain happy eating it straight from the bowl. Quick easy get it done no mess.  Yes that's the idea!
But somehow.  That just doesn't seem right.  It's like I hear this little voice saying . . .Tuna Casserole.  I'm not sure where's its coming from.  But the more I think about it.  Yum.
I can taste it now.  I begin to think When was the last time I made tuna casserole? 
The voice answers me . . .


  It was not! 

Stop it!
OK so this is getting ridiculous! I think I'll just Shut the Pantry Door and get on Pinterest and find a Tuna Casserole Recipe.  I mean it has been ages since I made one.
How long has it been since you've had a big bowl of Tuna Casserole? Sorry thats another commercial!  
To be continued . . . 


   Oh no!  The voice  . . . 

                                Happy Trails 
Linking with Sally for Blue Monday

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Our dad eats tuna salad for lunch almost every single day. It's a can of tuna and a hard boiled egg and some celery and he shares some with us and it's sooooooooo yummy!

Christina Morley said...

Thanks for linking last week and your "We Not Tired" post was super sweet! So glad to see you using my "Make My Saturday Sweet" slogan. This post also looks fun. You've got quite a sense of humor! I didn't run a weekend linky this week, but I have posted photos of our wonderful art workshop weekend. Would love for you to check it out at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com/2015/05/art-workshop-weekend.html

Ida said...

I think I made Tuna Casserole about 2 months ago. My favorite way is Tuna with grapes, cranberries (the dried variety) and pecans mixed with a dressing.
Loved that horse at the end.