Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Blue Monday Mothers Day Dinner

My Mothers Day was fabulous and filled with Blue so I had to share with Sally at Blue Monday!

There were five of us treking between the rain storms to go downtown to our favorite place for Tex-Mex.

This has been our families place to eat since I was a child.   I can remember siting in the booth and looking
at the Blue tile on the wall.

This fabulous vintage photo is on the menu and tells the history.  If you look close you can see the Blue tile 
and the lighter tile which have pictures of from Mexico.  I always loved the donkeys in the tiles.  
My mother always ordered coffee.  They served the cream in tiny little pitchers and I would drink the cream.

When I go I never look at the menu!
Chicken and Rice is the only thing I ever order.  Only in the last few years have the added the chalupa on the side.  I remember being young and getting a small round plate while my older sister got the adult portion.  
I couldn't wait to be older enough to order it.  Finally when the day came my parents said I would never 
eat it all.  I fooled them!

Just to add a little more blue for Sally . . . 

And one more . . . 
 

The taco dinner is good too but I love the Chicken and Rice!  

I remember as a child and going almost every Sunday for lunch!  Well maybe soon we'll be going more regular because they are building another one in our town just a few minutes from us!   

I wonder if the walls will have Blue tiles?  

Did you enjoy my Blues?  Go over and visit Sally

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Hi Sherry,

I love Mexican food! I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Isn’t it fun finding blues to share? Thanks for playing today.

Happy Blue Monday!

joyh82 said...

Yum, looks delish! We just ordered pizza...lol But I got to see both of my kids so it was fun.

Linda Kay said...

I wasn't exposed to much in real Mexican food until I moved to Texas almost seven years ago. I'm gradually getting more used to the beans and the spice!
'