Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Alphabet Thursday Letter "B"

B is for . . . 
Butterfly who doesn't love to see a Beutiful Butterfly?
Image result for butterfly
I've always loved Butterflies.  There was this plant that my parents called a weed . . . 

They literally were all over our property attracting these beautys . . . I giggle when I see the Texas Lantana in gardens and garden centers.  If we had only known!

In later years my father discovered the Butterfly Bush . . .


He loved different varieties . . .

He spent many hours reading magazines and mail order sources discovering new varieties of plants that attract  Butterflies.. .
 I can imagine what it would have been like if he had owned a computer and had internet access!

Daddy's gardens were kind of wild . . .
   Image result for garden center butterfly bush
He didn't have time to prune.  He was too busy buying more plants . . .
  Image result for garden center butterfly bush
More plants meant more Butterflies . . .My Saturdays were always sweet going to different
garden centers and green houses.

Daddy always got compliments from the neighbors on his gardens . . .
Image result for green house butterfly bush
Who doesn't like Butterflies . . . 
Image result for green house butterfly bush

Letter B is for Butterfly . . .
Linking with Jenny for Alphabet Thursday.  Click Here.
Linking with Make My Saturday Sweet.  Click Here

   Image result for horse dressed as butterfly

                         Happy Trails
Watercolor Horse Painting  Giclee #artprint by SweetPeaAndGummyBear on Etsy #foal

14 comments:

Linda Kay said...

Butterflies are one of my favorites to see on the blogs, so this one really pleased me. I love the blanket on the horse!

Molly the Airedale said...

What beautiful photos! Our mom loves Butterfly bushes and would love to have more of them!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What an amazing post filled with so many wonderful photos!! I want a Butterfly bush now!!Thanks so much for ALL your visits!! I truly appreciate your kind words!!I am playing catch up.......

Hugs,
Debbie

Monica said...

We had lantana when we lived in Arizona. So pretty! Some of our neighbors have butterfly bushes...but I don't see many butterflies around. It'd be fun to have something in the garden to attract them.

Anonymous said...

Horses and butterflies...magnificent combination! :)
I love the look of the butterfly bushes. Never seen any thing like them Very pretty!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Your dad is my kind of guy. Every year we have a few more butterflies coming through. Your post tells me it's time to put in a couple more butterfly bushes.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love butterflies and those great bushes that attract them are awesome. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week.

Linda

Lmkazmierczak said...

Terrific post..'flutter-bys' are so delicate, love seeing them in photos♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/bank-shot/

Betty said...

I love butterflies. I really should plant something to attract them. I like the monarchs the best, but I think I read that their numbers are going down.

carol l mckenna said...

Magnificent shots of nature's beautiful butterflies for B !

Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol

betty-NZ said...

What a great post. I would have liked to meet your dad. Just yesterday, we started a butterfly garden in hopes to attract them next year. Thanks for the inspiration!

TexWisGirl said...

i have a couple of lantana plants that come back every year - i did buy them at a nursery, initially, though.

Christina Morley said...

I loved the butterfly post and the painting is beautiful. Thanks for linking to my blog and sorry that I didn't run my weekend linky this weekend. I'll have it running again this coming Friday. You can always link this post and your latest post. Take care!

Jenny said...

What a beautiful bounty of butterflies of every kind! Including the wannabes!

I would have loved your Dad's gardens...sounds like just my style!

Thanks for linking for the letter B.

A++