Wednesday, September 17, 2014
I saw this at my friend Joanne's I love birthdays and eating birthday cake so I thought I would join today. Happy birthday Joyce
1. [The host of Hodge Podge is] celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
Hmm...That requires some thought...
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
December 7...Pearl Harbor Day
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
On my birthday I want cake
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
Old-Feeling too old to ride
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
It's always a 'piece of cake' to spend time with my family. I miss my Missouri kids
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Not really so random...I just finished writing a post about R is for Rodeo. My family was here from Missouri. I miss them. I miss having horses. I just miss that life. I miss living in a house. We are talking about buying a house again. I am wishin' . I am praying.