Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Book Review-Lady Carliss

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

This is not the type of book that I normally read or even consider purchasing. But since I just began this Journey of reviewing books and Waterbrook Multnomah offered it. I hated to turn down the offer.

Let me tell you I am so glad I decided to read this book. From the first chapter I was drawn in. This is a book that I couldn't put down.

My apprehension laid in the fantasy genre. My concern was that it was not a book that would be something that would be be in line with Biblical truths.

I was surprisingly wrong.
Lady Carlis And The Waters Of Moorue is book 4 in The Knights of Arrethtrae series.
The story line parralle's God's plan for mercy and salvation. And causes the reader to stop and think.

This book and the others in the series would be excellent for a teen reading group. The book ends with study and discussion questions.

Although Lady Carliss is the 4th in the series I had no trouble picking it up and getting into the story without having read the first 3. And, I am so intrigued with the story that I want to go back and read the others. And, well I wonder what happens in the end with Lady Carliss as there is a little romance thrown in as well.

This was an easy book to read. I was surprised by a couple of twists and turns in the plot but it wasn't difficult to keep up with the characters or the story line.

Here's a brief summary provided by Waterbook Multnomah . . .

Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue:
Determined, smart and a master of both the sword and the bow, Lady Carliss has proven herself as a veteran Knight of the Prince. Returning from a mission of aid, Carliss is plunged into adventure once again as she searches for the marauders responsible for kidnapping a friends’ family. Along the way she is reunited with Sir Dalton and discovers that the struggle in her heart is far from over. When Dalton falls to the vicious attack of a mysterious, poisonous creature, Carliss finds herself in a race against time. As Dalton clings perilously to life, she must find the antidote in the distant and strange city of Moorue . While there, Carliss uncovers the master plot of a powerful Shadow Warrior that will soon overtake the entire Kingdom. Her faith in the Prince and her courage as a knight are tested as she faces evil Shadow Warriors and a swamp full of dreadful creatures. The lives of many, including Dalton ’s, depend on Carliss. But she cannot save them all, for time is running out. She faces an impossible choice: save Dalton , or let him die so that others may live.

If your looking for something good to read why I highly suggest going on over to Random House and purchasing it. Here's the link.
RandomHouse.com:
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9781400074679
http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9781601421272

Still need convincing go here for more info.

1 comment: