Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday



This morning when I wrote and passed the Joy on to Kelli I was thinking about the things that I am Thankful for. And in the back of my mind I thought I had read about Thankful Thursday. Well I had and I found it. Above is the button for Iris' Thankful Thursday. I went over and checked her out again and I found that she was sharing a wonderful verse today. This verse means a lot to me and so I decided I definitely wanted to share it and share what I am thankful for.

Proverbs 3:5&6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. But in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.
(paraphrased)
I searched my archives because I had thought that I had used this verse one week as my verse for the week. To my surprise I had not. But I will use it next week and each day I'll share a different story about why this verse is so meaningful to me.
So you have to check back to find out.

The things that I am thankful for today are:

I am totally thankful that God provides. I am amazed over and over at how he answers our prayers. Sometimes not in our timing and maybe not in the way that we wanted or asked but there is always an answer. Some people says God answers three ways Yes, No or Not now or later.
I believe this to be true; many times I have seen him in action especially with the Not now/later answer.
And, many times when I have been disappointed thinking he answered no to something that I thought I really wanted/needed he was really saying not now.
Many times that I have sensed him saying no it turned into a yes because it was/is his timing not ours.

I am thankful that God is patient with me. This is I big one. Because, just imagine how patient he is. When we just keep doing the same dumb things he just keeps on just doing the same thing. Loving us. No matter what. He speaks to us through his word or through encouragemnt from someone he shows us that he loves us.
And that he is patiently waiting for us to just trust. To trust and turn everything over to him.

I am thankful that God gave us Jesus and that by trusting him and beliving him that we can be his children, that we are all daughters of the King. That makes us all princesses. That is cool.

I am thankful for Jesus' sacrifice for us.

And I am thankful for all the wonderful people that I have met through this whole thing called blogging. Some I have already mentioned this week. Some I have not,but to all those of you out there that I have read and commented on your blogs please know that God uses you everyday to bring Joy to someone.

Thank you Iris for letting us all share the Joy on Thursdays. Here is a little bit of joy for you.

Please visit Iris at http://www.eph2810.com

5 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you joined us. Your thankful list was really precious.

Amydeanne said...

a great thankful list Sherry! :) I'm thankful God made us friends!
and I love the new look!! It's pretty!

i said...

That's a wonderful thankful post!

Have a blessed weekend ahead!

Kristi said...

You have such a beautiful blog! I'm thankful that God is patient with me too. Thanks for sharing your TT with all of us. Blessings!

Kathy said...

Lovely post! I enjoyed reading your special verse. Mine is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." It is wonderful assurance during the hard times of life to know answers to prayer are real and to rest in confidence through His strength. I enjoyed reading your post very much.
God bless...
Kathy (mimisgarden.blogspot.com)