Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Happy Homemaker In Texas

Hello Welcome to the weekly event. 
I love sharing with you a few plans for the week.  And a bit of what's going on.   I got the idea from Sandra at Family Corner. 
Sandra provides the prompts . . .most of them.  I add a few of my own cuz that's just the way I am.


The weather . . . August in Texas means triple digits.  It's just stinkin' hot.  But Fall is around the corner!

Outside my window . . . A few Begonia's and Kale growing in pots.  I am hoping to move the hanging basket Spider/Airplane plant this week. I think it will look nice hanging on the garage.

How I am feeling . . .Trusting God to supply our needs.  Adding to the Cowboys health issues he has continued episodes of confusion.  They are happening more often.  He got into a sports medicine doctor.  He will have aknee replacement as soon as they start scheduling surgeries again.

On the breakfast plate . . . We were planning Sausage, Biscuits and Eggs.

The Cowboy decided French Toast sounded good.

On my reading pile . . . my devices are full.  The tours always fill up in the fall.  Here are a couple I'll be reading this month



I am reading now . . .

On the menu this week . . .
Monday . . . Appetizer cold plate of Raw Tuna, Crackers and Fresh Greens.  On the Rustic Dinner plate Chicken Nacho's, Guacamole Chalupa's
Tuesday . . . Appetizer cold plate of Sliced Cucumbers and Spinach.  The Rustic Plate will be loaded with Chicken Curry with Rice, Green Beans or something fresh
Wednesday . . .  Appetizer cold plate of Shrimp Cocktail and fresh Greens,  Fried Shrimp, Baked Potato's and Cole Slaw
Thursday  . . .  Cold Appetizer plate Cucumbers, Tuna and Spinach leaves with Ranch.  On  Rustic plate Spaghetti and Meatballs, Green
Beans, Salad and Garlic Bread
Friday . . . Cold Appetizer plate of  Small Cobb Salad with mixed Greens, Boiled Egg, Ham and Turkey. On the Rustic Dinner Plate Potato Soup, B.L.T.'s

Something fun to share
A super fun week here at blog


You'll find not only Dog theme books but crafts including a flip through of a Dog theme Junk Journal, quilts, recipes for treats and how I make my dogs food.  And my dogs Gotch Stories.  Mark your calendar and Save the Date!

In the craft space
Moving things a bit to make a larger space for quilts.  I
want to finish quilting my Pumpkin Patch quilt and then I have baby quilt to for my new grand baby due in December. 
Finishing up the Prayer


Pockets and mailing them this week.  

And then starting a few more for Random Acts of Kindness to send the members in my Bible Journaling FB groups.

In the garden
The Cucumbers are done but the Okra is making a show.
Continuing to prepr beds.  I made new Green Bean are.  I am I am thinking of planting few under the Sun Flower Stalks.
I am saving the Corn and Sun Flower stalks to decorate for Fall.  All I need to buy is a bale of straw I can reuse in the garden.  And I Pumpkin.  I hpe I can find a large wooden one at Dollar Tree.

My to do list
Buy a bale of straw and some stakes to hold up my picket fence
Go to Dollar Tree for essentials and look for a Pumpkin
Cowboy has a procedure on his Knee on Monday that will take the day.  We will both be wiped out afterward.  it's a super long drive.
Collage photo's from the month for a post.
Organize the laundry room

My Ta Da moment
Trusting God has in under control.  

From the camera


Scripture/Devo

1 comment:

Luludou said...

Well you do look like a dog-lover :)
I like the idea of the appetizer plate and then the rustic dinner.
Have a great week