Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Dog Days Of Summer-Sit Stay Love by Dana Mentink-Book Spotlight/Author Interview

Welcome to Dog Days Of Summer
Today we are featuring a fun book by author Dana Mentink 
Sit, Stay, Love: A Novel for Dog Lovers (Love Unleashed Book 1) by [Dana Mentink]

About the book
Take one abrasive professional athlete, a quirky out-of-work schoolteacher, and an overweight geriatric dog, and you're ready for a lesson in love...Tippy style.
Pro baseball pitcher Cal Crawford is not a dog guy. When he inherits his deceased mother's elderly dog, Tippy, he's quick to call on a pet-sitting service.
Gina isn't thrilled to be a dog sitter when her aspirations lie in the classroom. Furthermore, she can't abide the unfriendly Cal, a man with all the charm of a wet towel. But with no other prospects and a deep love for all things canine, she takes the job caring for Tippy.
As Gina travels through Cal's world with Tippy in tow, she begins to see Cal in a different light. Gina longs to show Cal the God-given blessings in his life that have nothing to do with baseball or fame. When her longing blooms into attraction, Gina does her best to suppress it. But Cal is falling in love with her too...
Discover the charming story of Tippy, the dog who brought a family together.

Why I chose Sit Stay Love
I remember when I read this book a few years ago that I giggled. 
I laughed.  And I said "Awe".  I enjoyed Sit Stay Love so much that I wanted to share it with you in case you haven't read it. 

That is what Dog Days Of Summer here is all about.  Sharing with you a few great books.  

Sit Stay Love is real.  A sweet romance.  A story that shares faith.   

That is Good.
That is real. 

Author Interview
Hello thank you for joining us for Dog Days of Summer! 
We are so excited!  Let’s chat a bit . . .

Sure thing! So happy to be here!


August is one of our hottest months here in Texas.  When it’s hot where
you are what is your favorite afternoon past time to chill a bit?

I am quite content to sit in the garden with my wee little fan going and a diet root beer for a special treat. In northern California it isn’t too terribly hot so most of the time I try to be outside.

What is your favorite vacation spot to beat the heat? 
Hmmm. Well, my favorite vacation spot is Death Valley, but you have to go in the winter, so I’m not sure that answers the question. Yosemite is also quite lovely and cool.

It’s too hot for chocolate what is your favorite summer time treat?
Cool and creamy key lime pie! Oh my! If only it was good for me, I’d eat it every day!

You’ve just written ‘The End’ how do you celebrate? 
I usually just wander around in a daze and look at all the home chores that have piled up while I’ve been banging on the keyboard.

There’s nothing like a good summer romance.  What speaks romance
to you?
Little things, like someone who makes you a cup of coffee, or brings you a sweater when you need it. Papa Bear and I have been married 25 years, and he always tucks me in at night, even if he is going to stay up late.

Since we’re really here to talk about dogs what is the one breed
that you would love to have?   And why?
 I am a huge fan of the mutt. I have no aspirations to have a particular breed. My beloved Nala was a shepherd mix and the current Junie the Wonder Dog is a terrier, doxie mix. She is quite naughty, but we adore her. This is a picture of my sweet Nala. She was just the BEST dog and we still miss her.

Nala

Is there a dog in your life that help you with your writing? 
The aforementioned Junie is our current dog. She is usually sitting close to me in the garden, protecting me from squirrels and lizards while I write.

Junie

 Is your book (the one we are featuring) based on a special dog in your life?
The dog on the cover of Sit, Stay, Love is a real dog rescued by Muttville here in San Francisco. They specialize in finding homes for senior dogs. As a matter of fact, ten percent of my royalties for this book are donated to Muttville.

How can readers connect with you?  Do you do book signings,
speak at events?  Website other social media? 
I’m all over the cyber highway. Peeps can find me on Facebook and Twitter as well as Instagram (dana_mentink). I have a private FB group which is a super fun place to hang out. It’s a very positive, upbeat group with fantastic people…no negative sentiments allowed. J https://www.facebook.com/groups/danamentink


One last one that I am itchin’ to ask can you give us a bit of a sneak peak at what your working on? 
I am launching a new series with Sourcebooks in April. It’s a mystery series featuring a woman sleuth who owns an ice cream shop and her sidekick is an old dog named Noodles! It’s been a BLAST to write!

Thank you for joining our fun week of Dog themed books and posts!
I hope you enjoy visiting all the posts this week! 

Happy Dog Days of Summer


Buy the book 


Thank you for joining our fun week of Dog themed books and posts!
I hope you enjoy visiting all the posts this week! 

Happy Dog Days of Summer

Come back tomorrow for more fun!

No comments: