Pages

Friday, August 21, 2020

Foodie Friday-On The Rustic Dinner Plate-Tips/How I Did It

Welcome to Foodie Friday the day I share the meals served this week.  


And today I am sharing 
Tips 
Let's Rock

We started off with yummy Chicken that I roasted in the oven.

It was a big 'ole Bird.  I started by marinating it over night in just cheap store brand Italian Dressing.  I just poured it over and let it get Happy Happy in a ziplock overnight.  I took special care and pulled the skin from the breast and poured in a bunch of marinade.  I cooked it  in a big stew pot with the lid on.  I didn't add water because I wanted only fat in the bottom of the pan when it was done.  It made a great gravy.  I browned flour in some butter then added the dripping's yummy.

Tip . . . 
. . . For quick and yummy Gravy when you roast your Chicken don't add water.  Use the drippings for Gravy.

The Cowboy asked for a Breakfast Taco.  What he meant
was a Burrito.  I think he jinked me because I wrapped the darn Tortilla in foil and popped in the oven.  I guess it was too hot because I burned the dawng thing.  He got that Taco after all.
Look at that nice crisp shell. He said it was fine.  I think he was being nice.


Tip . . . 
. . . When you heat a Tortilla in the oven make sure your oven isn't to hot!  Check your temp.


Another breakfast plate.  

This meal was so much better than it looked.  A personal Frito Pie
and Chicken Nacho's from the leftover big 'ole fat Chicken.
We had gone to the store so I got Tortilla's that I fried up.
They are very good with On The Border Guacamole Salsa.
When I make Chicken Nacho's I just put Cheese on the chips and then top with shredded Chicken and Jalapeno's.  No Beans.

Tip . . . 
. . . When you make a pan of Nacho's spray Avocado cooking spray lightly on the foil.  The Nacho's won't stick. 

Tip #2 . . . 
. . . Always use foil on your sheet pans for easy clean up!

The Cowboy had a doctor's appointment.  It is a long drive and we usually have to get lunch on the way home.  We ate at a Mexican place that served Breakfast. He said my Biscuits and Gravy were better! 

 And; that the Mexican food is much better than the breakfast. 
 I think he was more disappointed that they didn't offer Menudo. 
I did a pick 2 special and chose a Taco and Cheese Enchilada.  I was stuffed.  They have such good food!


Tip . . . 
. . . Only pick 2!  I made the mistake of picking 3 at dinner one night.  I was stuffed.  They almost had to roll me out the door!

I wasn't planning on dinner.  Usually the Cowboy sleeps past dinner after an outing.  He was awake and hungry though so I threw together Spaghetti and Meat Ball's.  Mine was a lot better I think because I put Parmesan on mine!


Tip . . . 
. . .Don't post pics of not so yummy looking meals served on a cheap plastic tray.  That's not Rustic it's just well Red Neck.



On Thursday we had French Toast.  We had a nice loaf 
of Cinnamon Swirl bread that I thought would make good French 
Toast.

I stirred 1 Egg with a fork.  Added some Milk and a dollop of Vanilla.  I don't measure.  I do add a bit of Flour it makes the batter thicker.
See they tiny Sausage? That was the last one.  He said the Egg was perfect.  That's because the 1st one broke and I save it for my plate.  I can eat any kind of Fried Egg.


Tip . . . 
. . . Learn to eat your Egg anyway it turns out.  When your cooking for even a few people and your serving yourself last you are tired and starving by the time it is time for you to cook your Egg. 


It is so weird I can never guess if the Cowboy will eat 
breakfast.  I think he ate everyday this week.  I made a 
simple Omelet with Egg and Cheese at 10:40.  I had been 
outside and came in. I was surprised he was wanting to eat. 

Tip . . . 
. . . Be flexible.  We are all cooking for Loved Ones because 
we love them.  

And on Thursday night I convinced the Cowboy to do Taco Salad.
He would much rather have just plain 'ole Taco's but I thought with Taco Salad he might get a bit more Lettuce . . . 

Well he did because he ate 2 plates.  Finished off the package of Greens.  This was the first time we had eaten Spinach, Arugula and Red Leaf Lettuce with Carrot strips in a Taco/Salad.   

Aren't my little Salsa dishes charming?  I swear I could not find my Salsa bowls.  How do you loose a Salsa bowl?  I suspect they are buried in the back of the fridge . . . 

Tip . . . 
When  you can't find your Salsa bowls it's time to clean the fridge.



Don't you love my fancy plate?  Great Salsa bowl huh?  I had my plate with a side of Rice.  I intended to put it in my Salad but I really like it all alone with Butter.  I shared this pic to show you the Salsa we used.  We have come to love this canned Salsa.  
I also dribbled a little of the On  The Border Guacamole Salsa
on my chips. 

Tip . . . 
. . . Keep a jar of On The Border Guacamole Salsa on hand.  It works great in a pinch when you don't have ripe Avocado's. 

Save the date!
You won't want to miss this!
.

I'll be posting 2 posts everyday.  Each day will feature a different book.  The featured posts will included Domino and Lola's 
'Gotcha' stories.  I'll feature 2 days of crafts and a day featuring why my dogs don't eat Kibble. 


Happy Friday All!

Thanks for stopping in. 

Wishing you wonderfully Blessed weekend!




I am linking with my regular parties some of the buttons may be on the bottom of the page





New Link Party





Penny's Passion: Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop - July 8, 2020
Over here at Penny's Passion 



















Saturday Link-Ups - My Joy-Filled Life





No comments: