Pages

Monday, August 24, 2020

Dog Days of Summer- Featuring -No Small Caper by Cynthia Hickey- Book Spotlight/Author Interview

Welcome to Day 1 of Dog Days of Summer!  It's going to be a super fun week here at the blog!  I hope you'll come by everyday! 

 Today's Feature

No Small Caper (A Tiny House Mystery Book 1) by [Cynthia Hickey]

About the book 
"No one does a final suspense scene like Cynthia Hickey!" - Stewart Writing Services

A rash of burglaries?

What kind of job had she been hired to do?

CJ Turley is excited to begin her new life as overseer of Heavenly Acres, a tiny house community in the Ozark mountains. As she's handed the keys to her new house, by a woman who seems far too eager to leave the job to someone else, CJ is told the community is experiencing a rash of burglaries and she should visit the nearby Park Ranger for help. 

Can CJ and her new friends stop a thieving murderer before they lose something far more precious than jewels? Their life!

From first day, to spending time with handsome ranger, Eric Drake, to a cast of quirky characters who are all suspect in CJ's mind, you're bound for a fun, hilarious, romp in this first book of a new small town, cozy mystery series by best-selling and award-winning author.

Fans of Celia Bonaduce’s Tiny House novels and Cindy Bell’s Dune House cozy mystery series will enjoy this tiny house mystery series.

Kindle tags: female protagonist suspense, clean suspense, clean free wholesome KU books, suspense novels free KU, clean teen books for girls, small town cozy mystery, close-knit community mystery, Southern fiction cozy mystery

Why I chose the book 
Honestly the author was suggested to me by another author for this tour.  
To my surprise when I looked at her other books I realized that I had already met her.  I was on a tour last year for one of her other books in a different series.  And so, I was super excited because I really enjoyed reading . . . Amazon.com: Beware the Orchids (A Shady Acres Mystery) (Volume 1 ...
You can read my review and a fun character interview over here.  So anyway.  I chose No Small Caper because I wanted to read it myself!   This one is on my 'Wish List'!  

Author interview
Hello thank you for joining us for Dog Days of Summer! 
We are so excited!  Let’s chat a bit . . .

August is one of our hottest months here in Texas.  When it’s hot where
you are what is your favorite afternoon past time to chill a bit?
I enjoy reading, diamond dot painting, and painting with oils. If it’s really hot, I’ll sit and watch TV 

What is your favorite vacation spot to beat the heat?
 The ocean, no question about it.

It’s too hot for chocolate what is your favorite summer time treat?
Ice cold lemonade!

You’ve just written ‘The End’ how do you celebrate?
By taking a day off and working on a craft.

There’s nothing like a good summer romance.  What speaks romance
to you? 
Swoon-worthy heroes that aren’t perfect but will do anything for the woman they love, even if it means wearing a frilly apron.

Since we’re really here to talk about dogs what is the one breed
that you would love to have?   And why? 
German Shepherds are my favorite breed. They’re so smart and noble. Loyal, too.

Is there a dog in your life that help you with your writing? 
Here’s my corgie, Twinkie. Doesn’t she look like a twinkie?

Is your book (the one we are featuring) based on a special
dog in your life? 
No, just a cute spaniel

How can readers connect with you?  Do you do book signings,
speak at events?  Website other social media?  The best place for them to connect with me is:

Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free short story

Follow me on Amazon
And Bookbub


One last one that I am itchin’ to ask can you give us a bit
Of a sneak peak at what your working on?
I just finished The Secrets of Misty Hollow which features a black German Shepherd and have started a novella, Seth’s Sacrifice, which has a lab/shepherd mix. Yes, there is usually a dog in my books 😊

Thank you for joining our fun week of Dog themed books and posts!
I hope you enjoy visiting all the posts this week! 

Happy Dog Days of Summer



Buy the book 

And the fun/tour continues over at . . .
My Reading Journeys
Click here to read an excerpt of No Small Caper

Come back tomorrow for more fun!

Lola loves car rides
Happy Dog Days Of Summer




No comments: